Originally Posted by avihay1989
i have the note 3 model n9005
And I'm on android Version 4.4.2
I read about all the knox
I wanted to ask a few questions before I do root as I had always for my previous device
* If I continue to receive software updates or do I have to do it manually ?
* If you will not have warranty in any way?
* If this matter with a build version is for root ?
* I heard something about if the bootloader unloacked and how to check it if it is locked then it is a problem
* And be careful not to install version is lower than that now because it can cause break
many thanks for the one who help or read it
best regards avihay
1. OTA Updates generally won't work but you can usually install manually
2. Some people have gotten service others have had issues. You can get service, but you may be charged for it.
3. If you have a locked bootloader (ATT, Verizon) then you may have issues. I refuse to get a phone with a locked bootloader so I can't answer this.
4.It's based on your carrier and the version of the phone you have. T-Mobile is unlocked, some others aren't
5. The bootloader, once on 4.4.2 cannot be set back to 4.3 from what I understand, but it may be possible, I never wanted to downgrade.
Hope this helps