Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,466 Members 50,029 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Soft bricked SM-N9005...HELP

Tip us?
 
bcsiy
Old
#1  
bcsiy's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 103
Join Date: Sep 2010
Exclamation [Q] Soft bricked SM-N9005...HELP

SM-N9005 is soft bricked, owner probably went OTA and interrupted the update now when you turn on the phone it goes to the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 logo then loops from there. I tried to flash official stock firmware downloaded from Sammobile (N9005XXUEND6_N9005OLBEND1_XTC) and it passed the flash in ODIN 3.09 then the phone automatically reboots into stock recovery and tries to update package but from I keep getting:
E: Unable to verify whole file signature
E: Signature verification failed
Installation aborted

I have been flashing firmwares on older Samsung via ODIN and as far as I know after flashing via ODIN the firmware is already written in the phone and it doesn't need to reboot into recovery and flash the update again but in NOTE3 it does this and now I'm stuck.

I tried flashing PhilZ custom recovery and disabled signature verification but when I flash the stock firmware via ODIN it overwrites the custom recovery back to stock recovery and then gets stuck again in the verifying signature thing.

Any help and inputs would be greatly appreciated.
 
Misterjunky
Old
(Last edited by Misterjunky; 21st May 2014 at 07:51 AM.)
#2  
Misterjunky's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2,390
Posts: 4,504
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bakersfield, California

 
DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up re: factory data reset

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcsiy View Post
SM-N9005 is soft bricked, owner probably went OTA and interrupted the update now when you turn on the phone it goes to the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 logo then loops from there. I tried to flash official stock firmware downloaded from Sammobile (N9005XXUEND6_N9005OLBEND1_XTC) and it passed the flash in ODIN 3.09 then the phone automatically reboots into stock recovery and tries to update package but from I keep getting:
E: Unable to verify whole file signature
E: Signature verification failed
Installation aborted

I have been flashing firmwares on older Samsung via ODIN and as far as I know after flashing via ODIN the firmware is already written in the phone and it doesn't need to reboot into recovery and flash the update again but in NOTE3 it does this and now I'm stuck.

I tried flashing PhilZ custom recovery and disabled signature verification but when I flash the stock firmware via ODIN it overwrites the custom recovery back to stock recovery and then gets stuck again in the verifying signature thing.

Any help and inputs would be greatly appreciated.

If you can get into recovery why not try to do a
"Factory Reset", it may solve your problems.


Good luck!
Have a great day, enjoy!

Don't forget it takes less time to click the "THANKS" button than to type "thank you".
(unless you type very fast).



 
bcsiy
Old
#3  
bcsiy's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 103
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterjunky View Post
If you can get into recovery why not try to do a
"Factory Reset", it may solve your problems.


Good luck!
I tried to do a factory reset in stock recovery, tried wiping the Dalvik cache as well but the problem is still there it just stays on the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 screen then turns off then turns back on and loops over and over.
 
radicalisto
Old
#4  
radicalisto's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,412
Posts: 3,492
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: York

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcsiy View Post
I tried to do a factory reset in stock recovery, tried wiping the Dalvik cache as well but the problem is still there it just stays on the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 screen then turns off then turns back on and loops over and over.
Either nuke the phone via a totally fresh ODIN update or flash Philz recovery, when it loops on you, take out the battery, put it back in then go to recovery mode, wipe the usual dalvik/cache etc then boot up (it should in theory work) (and/or flash a custom ROM just to get it to boot properly)
// LG G3 (D855) // Stock // Stock //

S3(White) > M7(Red) > Note 3(Black) > Nexus 5(Black) > M8(Gunmetal) > LG G3 (Titan Grey)
 
bcsiy
Old
#5  
bcsiy's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 103
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalisto View Post
Either nuke the phone via a totally fresh ODIN update or flash Philz recovery, when it loops on you, take out the battery, put it back in then go to recovery mode, wipe the usual dalvik/cache etc then boot up (it should in theory work) (and/or flash a custom ROM just to get it to boot properly)
Thanks for the input, the main issue why I need to flash the stock rom is because the phone doesn't boot and is looping in the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 screen then vibrates as if it turns on again and goes into a loop...

Question is can I flash a custom rom over it for example there's no firnware loaded on the phone or the firmware loaded is corrupted?
 
radicalisto
Old
#6  
radicalisto's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,412
Posts: 3,492
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: York

 
DONATE TO ME
You can flash a custom ROM yes, so long as you boot Into your custom recovery, do the wipes. Then installing a custom fw should work OK, once you've done that you can go back to stock or change custom fw without issues

I'm UBER Paranoid
// LG G3 (D855) // Stock // Stock //

S3(White) > M7(Red) > Note 3(Black) > Nexus 5(Black) > M8(Gunmetal) > LG G3 (Titan Grey)
 
toastido
Old
#7  
toastido's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 518
Posts: 633
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Huntsville, AL

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcsiy View Post
SM-N9005 is soft bricked, owner probably went OTA and interrupted the update now when you turn on the phone it goes to the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 logo then loops from there. I tried to flash official stock firmware downloaded from Sammobile (N9005XXUEND6_N9005OLBEND1_XTC) and it passed the flash in ODIN 3.09 then the phone automatically reboots into stock recovery and tries to update package but from I keep getting:
E: Unable to verify whole file signature
E: Signature verification failed
Installation aborted

I have been flashing firmwares on older Samsung via ODIN and as far as I know after flashing via ODIN the firmware is already written in the phone and it doesn't need to reboot into recovery and flash the update again but in NOTE3 it does this and now I'm stuck.

I tried flashing PhilZ custom recovery and disabled signature verification but when I flash the stock firmware via ODIN it overwrites the custom recovery back to stock recovery and then gets stuck again in the verifying signature thing.

Any help and inputs would be greatly appreciated.
The reason it wants to boot into recovery is to flash the csc. Make sure you get the correct firmware for your device and region from sammobile.com and odin again, let it do its thing. It sounds like the csc wasn't valid.

Sent from my leanKernel 2.5 powered stock 4.4.2 SM-N900T
If I've helped you, hit the Thanks! button!

Devices:
2012 ASUS Nexus 7 - KitKat 4.4.4 Stock ROM - leanKernel(grouper) v4.0
T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 - KitKat 4.4.2 Stock ROM(N900TUVUDNF4) - leanKernel(N900T) v3.8

Helpful Threads by Me:

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Real-World Battery Saving Tips for Android – XDA Developer TV

You need Real-World Battery Saving Tips for your Android device. Our … more

Android L Will Have Data Encryption Turned On by Default

Android L, once it is eventually released, will featuredata encryption turned on by … more

Lock Apps and Functions Easily with Droid Protector

Access and security are some of the key issues facingmobile technology. Whether … more

ARChon Lets You Run Android Apps in Google Chrome Browser

Not too long ago, Google added the ability torun select Android applications on … more