Detect, Avoid IMSI-Catcher Attacks with Android IMSI-Catcher Detector

Privacy is always an important topic, as well as a delicate one to … more

Materialized LeanDroid Fights Your Poor Battery Life

Battery life has always been one of the biggest problems facing most Android devices. … more

Bump! Workaround for the LG G3 Locked Bootloader – XDA TV

The LG G3 is a power house device. It’s been a favorite of many people. … more

Enable Call Recording on Xperia Z2 and Z3

Call recording, while not legal in every part of the world, is quite handy in certain situations. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Nuke the G? Deep wipe/format?

OP ikarugaski

20th May 2014, 08:41 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Sagittarius A
Thanks Meter: 1

22 posts
More
Hi,

is it possible somehow to cleare the partitions "deeper" then it's possible with the build in format command inside CWM?
I tried the fastboot erase (system, data, boot) with the result "permission denied" also.

The problem is the Moto G got messed up during the update to 4.4.
Since that moment the Moto G won't boot up with any stock Rom i flashed and i checked up many, many different stock roms (4.3 and 4.4.2).
It is possible to access recovery. (only CWM-swipe is working, CWM-touch, TWRP or the stock recovery won't boot) (Somehow TWRP booted once, but never again...) Sometimes i even can't access CWM-swipe, than I have to erase userdata and cache inside bootloader.
The other thing is it was possible to boot up the G with the Lego Rom, but it rebooted very often (30secs, 1min, 10secs....)
At this moment even that doesn't work it's getting stuck inside the bootlogo like every other custom rom i tried (Slim, CM11).

This behaviour makes me belief that things must be messed up depper inside.

I like to wipe everything!
Last edited by ikarugaski; 21st May 2014 at 09:52 PM.
20th May 2014, 09:09 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 25

92 posts
Try this to restore your system
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2644703
I dont know what happened woth your g , but this delets everything except of the bootloader and then flashes the normal stock Rom, so that your moto g is like new.
It could be that sth. is wrong with your recovery as you cant wipe or flash anything, maybe flashing another recovery via fastboot would make you able to flash roms again and you wont need to restore stock.
Hopefully this works but remember that it doesnt metter what you do, you are responsible for everything and noone else. I dont guarentee that this works.
20th May 2014, 10:07 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Sagittarius A

22 posts
More
Hi,
this is what i had done about 40 times with almost 20 different stock roms. They all doesn't boot up
The Lego-Rom is the onlyone which had booted up completly but rebooted automaticly. Now Lego is hanging in bootlogo.

Like i wrote in the first post. CWM-swipe is the only recovery that still works most of the time. And I tried the stock recovery, CWM-touch (philz-touch) and TWRP.

I need to go deeper with the wipe/format if it is possible.
Otherwise i need to dump the G.
21st May 2014, 06:04 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 25

92 posts
Thats really weird. If this all doesnt work then i dont know.
21st May 2014, 09:50 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Sagittarius A

22 posts
More
Yep, this is why I'm asking for help! Maybe someone know more.
22nd May 2014, 12:55 AM   |  #6  
Flag halifax
Thanks Meter: 28

207 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikarugaski

Yep, this is why I'm asking for help! Maybe someone know more.

I WAS IN A SIMilar situation a few days back
i couldnt boot up nor boot to recovery so to make a slong story short, i simply took a system img and a boot img and a cwm recovery img and fasboot flashed all 4 one at a time and somehow it worked fully stock but at least i could reset up all my stuff from there.
kep i mind before this method i i tried the guide "restore stock moto g rom" for 2 days straight with fastboot failing to flash it each time. if ur ok with starting anew apps wise try to flash a stock rom.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread