Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Unlocking screen takes while!

OP TomaLLoS

21st May 2014, 03:43 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 4

80 posts
I also just noticed this as well. It started happening after I installed the 32 gig SD card. There is a slight delay when I press the power or home button. It's not drastic, but slightly noticeable. I had the GS2 and never had that. Is this something that can be fixed by software update? Besides that one nuance, this phone is excellent in every way!
21st May 2014, 07:34 PM   |  #12  
Flag Cleveland
Thanks Meter: 87

423 posts
Donate to Me
More
Info 2 Two things after much research!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomaLLoS

Hey,

Did anyone had a same feeling about unlock a screen?
I use my nexus 5 and time of reaction - click a power button to switch on screen takes not even one second was reacting so fast that I can't even say how fast it was but in case of my new device which is Samsung s5 is takes while longer !!! And I check with power button and home button. Now I don't know if that's problem with my device or some one else have same feeling.

This seem to be a hardware/firmware problem. Some of the remedies that have worked for me are: 1.) Turn off auto brightness. 2.) Use a smaller SD card, 16 gigs or less.

Check your battery graph. Is there a constant blue line underneath the graph, if there is, like on mine, I was told it should not be there! I have heard that the only time the blue line should appear is when the screen is on. I am still researching this information but many heads are always better than one.
21st May 2014, 09:52 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 4

80 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvveith

This seem to be a hardware/firmware problem. Some of the remedies that have worked for me are: 1.) Turn off auto brightness. 2.) Use a smaller SD card, 16 gigs or less.

Check your battery graph. Is there a constant blue line underneath the graph, if there is, like on mine, I was told it should not be there! I have heard that the only time the blue line should appear is when the screen is on. I am still researching this information but many heads are always better than one.

Interesting you mentioned using a smaller SD card. I just replaced my 8 gig card for a 32 gig card and that's when I noticed the difference. Why does that affect it though? This phone should be able to handle 128 gigs! I really hope this is software related. I never use auto brightness, so I know for a fact it's the SD card that's causing.
21st May 2014, 11:40 PM   |  #14  
Flag Cleveland
Thanks Meter: 87

423 posts
Donate to Me
More
Wink Seems to be a pretty good conclusion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrplennium

Interesting you mentioned using a smaller SD card. I just replaced my 8 gig card for a 32 gig card and that's when I noticed the difference. Why does that affect it though? This phone should be able to handle 128 gigs! I really hope this is software related. I never use auto brightness, so I know for a fact it's the SD card that's causing.

I think certain class 10 high end cards require a certain amount of power to keep them alive? So when the phone goes to sleep for a period of time and the cpu processes down, maybe not enough power, either battery or cpu is being offered to the card. Since more than half of the programs are partly held by the SD card, upon waking the device it takes a some time for it to reassociate all the files? IDK, this is just my best guess as to the why. However, I tried at the suggestion of a few others a program called SD maid available at the Play store and it really seems to have helped so I bought a license to support the author. I highly recommend this app now. It's a very useful tool and for those with root, even more so!
21st May 2014, 11:58 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 1,651

2,242 posts
This is certainly weird, if related to sd cards

-Sent from Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread