Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,676 Members 52,154 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] what happened to all my storage? T989 Hercules

Tip us?

kaiserXDA
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Default [Q] what happened to all my storage? T989 Hercules

Hey everyone, haven't been "'a while cuz things were running well.
As of about 4 days ago my TMo galaxy S2 T989 Hercules started acting weird.
Oh, I'm "ing AOCP 6.4.1 by The Collective version 4.3.1. Well it started acting like I had a virus or some spyware or something. The browser wouldn't act right won't stay open, freeze, 'y but it wouldn't power into boot. So, pulled battery, recovery, wipe, wipe, wipe, flash ROM, reboot, flash gapps, things are good. Almost forgot, I'm using TWRP as recovery. The ROM and gapps files are the same ones I downloaded and flashed last November after the new build was released.
Well not for long.
I started having problems trying to download my apps from TiBu or Play store. The phone says I don't have enough storage. So, I'm looking and wondering how that can be when I've only reinstalled less than half of the apps I had before. 1.87 GB of memory. 97 MB available 250MB uaed for apps and media (numbers are not acaccurate but very close) so I moved all the apps I could to SD and out of 16GB I have 8.5 GB available. And external SD 32GB card 29.6 actual with 11.9 GB available. I couldn't get it to raise the system memory no matter what I deleted or moved
So I thought maybe something like I missed wiping data or dalvik and who knows.
So I rewiped and reflashed again and now I'm down to 27MB of free storage and over 300 MB for apps and media, I can download and install almost anything I want as long as it goes to SD card so i used ROM toolbox to set all apps to be downloaded to SD card and all but a couple installed fine. I couldnt get SuperSU to install. Kept saying the storage has no room or the URI wasn't correct. I can't sync my gmail accounts on my phone. I need help. What do I do? What is this and how do I stop it before it takes over the world?
Able to read and post using either my SGH-I897 Captivate (no longer AT&T) , or my SGH-T989 Galaxy S2 Hercules. Both rooted, sometimes stock, sometimes not. The two best phones to own. And always, thanks to everyone on this site.
I'm using XDA Premium. Right now my Captivate is running on Jellybean 4.2.2 AOCP 5.9.5 Build By The Collective. The Hercules is running on AOCP 6.4.1. Android 4.3.1 The Collective.
Thanks to everyone in The Collective.

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2851
What twrp version?

And are you wiping "system" before flashing?

And here is a long post I made in a similar thread.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=52832733
Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life on the N5...or any device really? Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

The Following User Says Thank You to KJ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]