Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] What tool for flashing Recovery on KitKat?

OP bsg273

20th May 2014, 03:48 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

57 posts
More
I would like to know what app, tool, or method people are using to flash recovery (particularly CWM or CWM touch) on KitKat ROMs these days (whether they be stock 24a, CM11, or anything KitKat). I used to swear by FreeGee back in the 12b days, but of course it's not KitKat compatible. I know of Flashify but I've seen very mixed reviews on that over time. Any recommendations?
20th May 2014, 05:34 PM   |  #2  
Flag North East, MD
Thanks Meter: 817

3,034 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsg273

I would like to know what app, tool, or method people are using to flash recovery (particularly CWM or CWM touch) on KitKat ROMs these days (whether they be stock 24a, CM11, or anything KitKat). I used to swear by FreeGee back in the 12b days, but of course it's not KitKat compatible. I know of Flashify but I've seen very mixed reviews on that over time. Any recommendations?

Autorec will do TWRP for you, not sure if there is a one click tool for CWM. You may need to do the aboot downgrade and flash it via adb or use Autorec to do the downgrade and install TWRP then flash your recovery of choice via adb.

Autorec automatically does steps 5-8 for you - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2702958
22nd May 2014, 01:59 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
I had tried a few like Flashify, but they didn't work for me the first time. I ended up using AutoRec which was really simple and straight forward. Highly recommend AutoRec.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread