[ROOT]Xperia Z1 Touch Screen Tweak

OP aznrogerazn

26th February 2014, 10:42 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Taipei
Thanks Meter: 26

22 posts
More
Since there's no thread about fixing this here in Z1's forum, I'd make one with possible fix on the crazy touch screen problem.

As far as I know, this is a firmware-related problem, and can be fixed by tweaking down the touch screen sensitivity. You'll need
to be rooted to use this modification. Always remember, try at your own risk, and don't forget to hit thanks button if I helped!!

HOWTO:
1. Take a backup with CWM or TWRP.
2. Use any root explorer that you like, and navigate to /system/usr/idc/.
3. Copy the file "clearpad.idc" to somewhere else, like the SDcard storage for editing.
4. Open up the file with Jota+ or the text editor of your choice, and find the line "touch.filter.level". By default it would be 2, but
here I would suggest a value of either 5 or 6 for lowered sensitivity.
Code:
touch.filter.level=6
5.Save the file and then mount /system as writable.
Code:
mount -o remount,rw /system /system
6. Paste the modified clearpad.idc back to /system/usr/idc/ and set correct permissions.
Code:
cp clearpad.idc /system/usr/idc/ && chmod 644 /system/usr/idc/clearpad.idc
7. Remount /system as read-only and reboot.
Code:
mount -o remount,ro /system /system && reboot
Well, this worked for me, and as I know there are lots of people out there irritated by this problem, this should provide a proper
method for restoring the functionality for their Z1's. Now a greasy screen and slight moisture would not upset the touch screen unlike before.

p.s. I'm on NUT's .290 with C6903. This should also work for other models and Android versions.

If this worked for you, then please kindly click on the THANKS button down below <3
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-26-08-20-20.jpg
Views:	695
Size:	131.9 KB
ID:	2601381  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aznrogerazn For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th February 2014, 12:13 PM   |  #2  
Flag Skudeneshavn
Thanks Meter: 100

346 posts
Donate to Me
More
I posted this fix already.
I have already posted this fix in 2 threads.
26th February 2014, 12:57 PM   |  #3  
Flag SANTIAGO
Thanks Meter: 101

223 posts
I just did, after testing will post my results

Enviado desde mi C6906 mediante Tapatalk
26th February 2014, 01:04 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 114

451 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznrogerazn

Since there's no thread about fixing this here in Z1's forum, I'd make one with possible fix on the crazy touch screen problem.

As far as I know, this is a firmware-related problem, and can be fixed by tweaking down the touch screen sensitivity. You'll need
to be rooted to use this modification. Always remember, try at your own risk, and don't forget to hit thanks button if I helped!!

HOWTO:
1. Take a backup with CWM or TWRP.
2. Use any root explorer that you like, and navigate to /system/usr/idc/.
3. Copy the file "clearpad.idc" to somewhere else, like the SDcard storage for editing.
4. Open up the file with Jota+ or the text editor of your choice, and find the line "touch.filter.level". By default it would be 2, but
here I would suggest a value of either 5 or 6 for lowered sensitivity.

Code:
touch.filter.level=6
5.Save the file and then mount /system as writable.
Code:
mount -o remount,rw /system /system
6. Paste the modified clearpad.idc back to /system/usr/idc/ and set correct permissions.
Code:
cp clearpad.idc /system/usr/idc/ && chmod 644 /system/usr/idc/clearpad.idc
7. Remount /system as read-only and reboot.
Code:
mount -o remount,ro /system /system && reboot
Well, this worked for me, and as I know there are lots of people out there irritated by this problem, this should provide a proper
method for restoring the functionality for their Z1's. Now a greasy screen and slight moisture would not upset the touch screen unlike before.

p.s. I'm on NUT's .290 with C6903. This should also work for other models and Android versions.

If this worked for you, then please kindly click on the THANKS button down below <3

too bad, it doesnt work. tried change to 1 or 7, but problem still exist.

there is already other thread talking about tis.
16th April 2014, 12:41 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 38

163 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunlianghere

too bad, it doesnt work. tried change to 1 or 7, but problem still exist.

there is already other thread talking about tis.

then what can we do?
19th May 2014, 07:31 PM   |  #6  
Flag Hamburg
Thanks Meter: 5

45 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rasoooli

then what can we do?

Ive got the problem too with no AFS on the phone ://

Currently, Im able to solve the problem by wiping the phone for like 10secs with my tshirt. After that the touchscreen ALWAYS works flawlessly for like 5 mins. Im going to buy a new protector tomorrow and hope that that is going to fix this issue!
19th May 2014, 08:11 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richylitschy

Ive got the problem too with no AFS on the phone ://

Currently, Im able to solve the problem by wiping the phone for like 10secs with my tshirt. After that the touchscreen ALWAYS works flawlessly for like 5 mins. Im going to buy a new protector tomorrow and hope that that is going to fix this issue!

Hi everybody!

For me, if i turn off the screen (only with the power button, nothing more), the problem fix during some time (sometimes 5 minutes, sometimes hours).

I have the latest stock version, locked bootloader and rooted. Xperia Z1 C6093.
21st May 2014, 12:53 PM   |  #8  
Flag Zutphen
Thanks Meter: 11

120 posts
More
i think the many problem with the touch screen is by taking of the asf that sony puts on these phones. i took it of 2 days ago and since then it was always doing strange touchscreen things like making selections out of it's own or thinking there where 2 fingers on the screen.
22nd May 2014, 02:14 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 114

451 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by omaroe666

i think the many problem with the touch screen is by taking of the asf that sony puts on these phones. i took it of 2 days ago and since then it was always doing strange touchscreen things like making selections out of it's own or thinking there where 2 fingers on the screen.

mine never take out ASF already have strange touchscreen

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread