Razr M update failure

OP Nagrom Nniuq

7th February 2014, 08:58 PM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Oregon
Thanks Meter: 20

766 posts
More
So I'm not familiar with Motorola devices. My wife has a Razr M on System Version 98.18.78.XT907.Verizon.en.US. An update recently came out for it and she is trying to update to it, but the update keeps failing (Android with red exclamation mark). Her phone doesn't have the Super User app on it, but it does have Titanium Backup, which says it has root access, so I'm assuming some system apps got removed. On my HTC devices I would normally run the RUU for them to reset them completely and then take the update, however I can't seem to find an RUU for the Razr M. Does this not exist? Any suggestions on how to get the OTA for her?

Sorry, I can't seem to find any info on this. The phone seems to be a dead end phone...
8th February 2014, 03:29 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 519

2,551 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagrom Nniuq

So I'm not familiar with Motorola devices. My wife has a Razr M on System Version 98.18.78.XT907.Verizon.en.US. An update recently came out for it and she is trying to update to it, but the update keeps failing (Android with red exclamation mark). Her phone doesn't have the Super User app on it, but it does have Titanium Backup, which says it has root access, so I'm assuming some system apps got removed. On my HTC devices I would normally run the RUU for them to reset them completely and then take the update, however I can't seem to find an RUU for the Razr M. Does this not exist? Any suggestions on how to get the OTA for her?

Sorry, I can't seem to find any info on this. The phone seems to be a dead end phone...

Option1
Use the tibu on her phone to restore all frozen sys apps.
Voodoo to hide root.
Take ota.

2)
Restore to stock, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...10&postcount=3
Go my restore & follow the sad smiley to what to do. It was written to restore ...78

House of moto link: may be easier to jump to ...94 & keep your data. Forget the ota

Ok?
The Following User Says Thank You to aviwdoowks For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th February 2014, 08:16 PM   |  #3  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Oregon

766 posts
More
Thanks man. I'll give option 2 a try as the apps are gone and there is no backup
8th February 2014, 10:30 PM   |  #4  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Oregon

766 posts
More
Ok, so I can't get RSD to recognize the phone. The phone shows up in the device manager under adb. However it does not have the OK to Program message in the fastboot menu. So I can't really proceed to flash the phone using RSD. Suggestions?
9th February 2014, 12:25 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 519

2,551 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagrom Nniuq

Ok, so I can't get RSD to recognize the phone. The phone shows up in the device manager under adb. However it does not have the OK to Program message in the fastboot menu. So I can't really proceed to flash the phone using RSD. Suggestions?

Drivers?
http://www.motorola.com/Support/CA-E...arging-Drivers
Cable? Need orig one.
9th February 2014, 02:31 AM   |  #6  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Oregon

766 posts
More
Using both. Odd.
22nd May 2014, 01:25 AM   |  #7  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Oregon

766 posts
More
Anyone have any further feedback or help on this issue. I'm at the point where we are gonna throw her phone in the trash if we can't fix it, as she's having issues with it now and I can't really do anything with it.
22nd May 2014, 02:33 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 115

701 posts
Try a different USB port? Mine only works in 1 of the 3 on my laptop for some reason.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread