XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Returning Samsung Note 8.0 [GT-N5110] to Stock

Tip us?

alextsaurus
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation Returning Samsung Note 8.0 [GT-N5110] to Stock

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 WiFi Tablet ((GT-N5110))
-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

Last night I started to attempt to return my GT-N5110 to the complete Stock ROM and everything however after spending HOURS looking for the Stock ROM files, I decided to try downloading the ROM directly from the Note 8.0 Toolkit. After it finished downloading and I installed it via ODIN like the toolkit asked, I tried to turn my tablet on and now it won't boot past the Samsung logo boot screen.

If someone could please give me the URL of the correct files needed as well as to a walk-through webpage so that I can fix this annoying problem and get my Note 8 up and running again, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Unfortunately I have been unable to find anything that even looks like it could work on my GT-N5110 on here so I have been rather hesitant to try using the stock files for a different model of the Note 8.0 rather than whichever is needed for the WiFi model. I've finally thrown in the towel and am asking someone, ANYONE, for some help.

Thanks guys!

edan1979
Old
Thanks Meter 789

DONATE TO ME
you can get mostly all of stock firmware on sammobile.com

http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/2/

alextsaurus
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Update

I downloaded the firmware from that site and followed the instructions that were provided with the firmware download however I'm still stuck at the Samsung boot screen. I tried leaving it alone for a while since I know that after installing a gapps file, the first boot may take a little bit but it stays on the same screen.

There has to be something I'm missing because I've never had this much trouble with any of my devices before. I thought to try an Emergency Firmware Restoration using Kies but my tablet doesnt show as being connected in Kies.

Anyone know what I'm unknowingly doing wrong?

CKrzacz
Old
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Get into stock recovery and factory reset, should clear up the being stuck at Samsung boot.
Current
LG G3(
iPad Air
Galaxy Note 8
Asus VivoTab RT

Past
Dell Streak 5 - PowerROM V3
Notion Ink Adam - BeastRom 2.2.1
LG Optimus G - CM 10
iPhone 5C

capt730
Old
Thanks Meter 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by CKrzacz View Post
Get into stock recovery and factory reset, should clear up the being stuck at Samsung boot.
+1

leo9891
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by CKrzacz View Post
^^^^^This^^^^^

OR

Check this post out, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2289441 if CKrzacz's tip didn't work.