[Q] How to cause emergency shutdown

OP Ahmed

17th May 2014, 12:03 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13

135 posts
More
Phones like Xperia S/SL has got non-removable batteries. Well, in case of bootloop, SOD or screen freeze appears during reboot, what can I do? For other devices, I could have pulled out the battery to shut down the phone, then plug the battery again and do something else (like entering fastboot/cwm) etc. But I can't do the same in SL/S, and that's why I am very afraid to flash any ROMS/test kernels etc.

There must be a way, please help me.
17th May 2014, 02:18 PM   |  #2  
Paradise City
Thanks Meter: 80

324 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed

Phones like Xperia S/SL has got non-removable batteries. Well, in case of bootloop, SOD or screen freeze appears during reboot, what can I do? For other devices, I could have pulled out the battery to shut down the phone, then plug the battery again and do something else (like entering fastboot/cwm) etc. But I can't do the same in SL/S, and that's why I am very afraid to flash any ROMS/test kernels etc.

Keep pressing volume up and the power button for a few seconds.

Sent from my LT26i using XDA Free mobile app
17th May 2014, 02:21 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 149

402 posts
Quote:

Holding volume up and power will force it off.
One buzz - force off
3 buzz - hard reset (like pulling your battery)

Edit: Ah, got beaten!
20th May 2014, 01:03 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13

135 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirhawk

Holding volume up and power will force it off.
One buzz - force off
3 buzz - hard reset (like pulling your battery)

Edit: Ah, got beaten!

As you said 3 buzz would do the work of pulling the battery. But when you pull battery a device simply turns off but it doesn't hard reset. What do you mean by "3 buzz - hard reset (like pulling your battery)"?
22nd May 2014, 02:52 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 149

402 posts
Quote:

As you said 3 buzz would do the work of pulling the battery. But when you pull battery a device simply turns off but it doesn't hard reset. What do you mean by "3 buzz - hard reset (like pulling your battery)"?

Hard reset means it won't go into process of shutting down, it would be like removing Your phone's battery, it switches off directly. No harm is done to the data. Buzz means vibrations!

Sent from my Xperia S using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Mirhawk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
battery pull, emergency, power off
Previous Thread Next Thread