Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,580 Members 40,435 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to cause emergency shutdown

Tip us?

Ahmed
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] How to cause emergency shutdown

Phones like Xperia S/SL has got non-removable batteries. Well, in case of bootloop, SOD or screen freeze appears during reboot, what can I do? For other devices, I could have pulled out the battery to shut down the phone, then plug the battery again and do something else (like entering fastboot/cwm) etc. But I can't do the same in SL/S, and that's why I am very afraid to flash any ROMS/test kernels etc.

There must be a way, please help me.

entermetallica
Old
Thanks Meter 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed View Post
Phones like Xperia S/SL has got non-removable batteries. Well, in case of bootloop, SOD or screen freeze appears during reboot, what can I do? For other devices, I could have pulled out the battery to shut down the phone, then plug the battery again and do something else (like entering fastboot/cwm) etc. But I can't do the same in SL/S, and that's why I am very afraid to flash any ROMS/test kernels etc.

Keep pressing volume up and the power button for a few seconds.

Sent from my LT26i using XDA Free mobile app
XPERIA SL

Mirhawk
Old
Thanks Meter 103
Quote:
Holding volume up and power will force it off.
One buzz - force off
3 buzz - hard reset (like pulling your battery)

Edit: Ah, got beaten!
Pressing the is appreciated!
Kitkat - Carbon ROM - abcdjdj

Ahmed
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirhawk View Post
Holding volume up and power will force it off.
One buzz - force off
3 buzz - hard reset (like pulling your battery)

Edit: Ah, got beaten!
As you said 3 buzz would do the work of pulling the battery. But when you pull battery a device simply turns off but it doesn't hard reset. What do you mean by "3 buzz - hard reset (like pulling your battery)"?

Mirhawk
Old
Thanks Meter 103
Quote:
As you said 3 buzz would do the work of pulling the battery. But when you pull battery a device simply turns off but it doesn't hard reset. What do you mean by "3 buzz - hard reset (like pulling your battery)"?
Hard reset means it won't go into process of shutting down, it would be like removing Your phone's battery, it switches off directly. No harm is done to the data. Buzz means vibrations!

Sent from my Xperia S using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Pressing the is appreciated!
Kitkat - Carbon ROM - abcdjdj
The Following User Says Thank You to Mirhawk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
battery pull, emergency, power off