Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,713 Members 39,476 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

a few questions before I get started

Tip us?

cnmsales
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Default a few questions before I get started

So thanks to an awesome deal I was able to get two of these through new egg for 179 a pop. I've been wanting a new tablet since my moto Xoom died and have been waiting for just the right deal.

I see that the tablet is rootable. Is the boot loader locked?

How difficult is the root process? I have rooted almost every device I've ever owned so shouldn't have to many issues. Thanks guys!

moonbutt74
Old
Thanks Meter 227
Thumbs up hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnmsales View Post
So thanks to an awesome deal I was able to get two of these through new egg for 179 a pop. I've been wanting a new tablet since my moto Xoom died and have been waiting for just the right deal.

How difficult is the root process? I have rooted almost every device I've ever owned so shouldn't have to many issues. Thanks guys!
for tab 3 7.0 http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2755532 thank mkaymuzik on the nice job
of putting it together

for the rest of the tour start here http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-tab-3 [bookmark this page]

gr8nole
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2793

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

Okay, first off, I'm going to assume you have the 7 in Wifi only version (because you didn't actually say what you bought).

Now, if you paid $179 for BOTH of them together, then you did get a good deal. If you paid $179 each (that's what "a pop" means to me), then you got ripped off. These things were only $199 a year ago when they first came out and definitely aren't worth that now. I do indeed have the 7 in T210R and I would advise you to send them back and shop around more. Remember, this is all assuming you have the 7 inch T210(R).

For everything else, the answer above mine has you covered.
>>>>------;;;;----->
The Following User Says Thank You to gr8nole For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cnmsales
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Hey M8, first of all let me say thanks for the quick reply. Secondly, let me apologize. When posting to the forum I didn't realize this forum would be for three different products. In my experience each forum is dedicated to one products. It never even occurred to me that could be different. The tablet I got was the 10 inch tablet. 16gb memory for 179 each.

I am assuming they can be rooted just by looking in the forums. Is the bootloader unlocked?

Also, anything else I should know with these?

Cheers to all for the replies.

moonbutt74
Old
Thanks Meter 227
Default wow

Quote:
Hey M8, first of all let me say thanks for the quick reply. Secondly, let me apologize. When posting to the forum I didn't realize this forum would be for three different products. In my experience each forum is dedicated to one products. It never even occurred to me that could be different. The tablet I got was the 10 inch tablet. 16gb memory for 179 each.

I am assuming they can be rooted just by looking in the forums. Is the bootloader unlocked?

okay so i think i got robbed, then again eh
as for the rest, yeah man justtgo by the numbers and you'll be fine.
a word on recoveries, cwm is a nightmare [no offense]
twrp works better

cnmsales
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
LOL, New Egg had a one day deal running on Ebay so I had no choice. 179 was just to good a price for a really nice 10 inch tablet. Im not sure what you mean by go by the numbers?

I just want to know if the bootloader is unlocked?

Any other things I should know?

cnmsales
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Also when you say CWM is bad. Is this your personal opinion of choice or is CWM factually not good on this particular tablet?

cnmsales
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Where is the thread describing the root process for this tablet? I looked in the 10.0 sub folder for this forum but dont see a stickied thread giving the instructions on how to root and unlock bootloader?

moonbutt74
Old
(Last edited by moonbutt74; 21st May 2014 at 11:15 PM.)
Thanks Meter 227
Default oh, sorry

Quote:
Also when you say CWM is bad. Is this your personal opinion of choice or is CWM factually not good on this particular tablet?
i should have been clear, my apologies,
both cwm and twrp are laggy [all respect to devs]
whereas twrp seems to function
cwm took almost two hours to make a back-up of my debloated,nearly bare bone install of greivous rom.
i'm hoping someone will get back to fix it pretty and get a philz touch going
because i absolutely loathe twrp but being the option right now, twrp it is.
[sorry]

upper right [search thread] top of page right [search forums]

T3snake
Old
Thanks Meter 376
Quote:

There is no hassle for the bootloader
Root n be happy

Quote:
LOL, New Egg had a one day deal running on Ebay so I had no choice. 179 was just to good a price for a really nice 10 inch tablet. Im not sure what you mean by go by the numbers?

I just want to know if the bootloader is unlocked?

Any other things I should know?

Quote:
Where is the thread describing the root process for this tablet? I looked in the 10.0 sub folder for this forum but dont see a stickied thread giving the instructions on how to root and unlock bootloader?

Sent from my GT-S5282 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 02:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 AM ----------

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2642796
This is 1 of the methods
Other is prerooted firmware

Sent from my GT-S5282 using Tapatalk
Real Men(Contributors) Dont Need To Ask For Thanks. They will get it For a Job well Done
-T3Snake

GLtools 1.29 [Graphic Optimizer]
Own:

Samsung Galaxy Star - GT-S5282
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 - SM-T211

My Work: