Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,540 Members 38,298 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

system app

Tip us?

rocker1983
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default system app

HI,

here's the problem...I tried to install snote3 app for the new 4.4.2 leaked rom but can't succeded because the file was corrupted.

Now if I try to delete the file with root browser (both manually or trying to overwrite it with a new snote3 file) the app says "succesfully done" but nothing really happen...the file is still there.
If I try with other apps rather than root browser the operation simply fails...so I'm in a situation where JUST THAT FILE can't be delete,renamed,overwritten,launched and so I'm obviously can't install the new application.

Any idea?

thank you

KDKobes
Old
Thanks Meter 97

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocker1983 View Post
HI,

here's the problem...I tried to install snote3 app for the new 4.4.2 leaked rom but can't succeded because the file was corrupted.

Now if I try to delete the file with root browser (both manually or trying to overwrite it with a new snote3 file) the app says "succesfully done" but nothing really happen...the file is still there.
If I try with other apps rather than root browser the operation simply fails...so I'm in a situation where JUST THAT FILE can't be delete,renamed,overwritten,launched and so I'm obviously can't install the new application.

Any idea?

thank you
have you ran permissions fix? Have you tried adb method?

d4rkkn16ht
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
HI,

Any idea?

thank you
BTW, you said that you are using Root Browser, but did you enable the R/W on System files ?
If that's not working try another Root Browser (Root Explorer or ES File explorer are recommended)

...And I assume that you are rooted being installed with Leaked 4.4.2 ROM.

You can only delete,replace or modify system files IF you have enabled R/W on system files, which is most Root file manager set the default to disabled.

If you still can't remove it,I recommend you use AROMA File Manager.
AROMA File Manager can only be open in Recovery (CWM & Philz/Advanced CWM...never tried TWRP)

rocker1983
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Solved! Thank you guys

Inviato dal mio SM-P605 utilizzando Tapatalk

d4rkkn16ht
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Solved! Thank you guys

Inviato dal mio SM-P605 utilizzando Tapatalk
Can you elaborate by telling us what did you do to solve your problem?
It might help other people