No registration required

system app

OP rocker1983

16th May 2014, 02:48 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

26 posts
HI,

here's the problem...I tried to install snote3 app for the new 4.4.2 leaked rom but can't succeded because the file was corrupted.

Now if I try to delete the file with root browser (both manually or trying to overwrite it with a new snote3 file) the app says "succesfully done" but nothing really happen...the file is still there.
If I try with other apps rather than root browser the operation simply fails...so I'm in a situation where JUST THAT FILE can't be delete,renamed,overwritten,launched and so I'm obviously can't install the new application.

Any idea?

thank you
20th May 2014, 01:42 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 97

789 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocker1983

HI,

here's the problem...I tried to install snote3 app for the new 4.4.2 leaked rom but can't succeded because the file was corrupted.

Now if I try to delete the file with root browser (both manually or trying to overwrite it with a new snote3 file) the app says "succesfully done" but nothing really happen...the file is still there.
If I try with other apps rather than root browser the operation simply fails...so I'm in a situation where JUST THAT FILE can't be delete,renamed,overwritten,launched and so I'm obviously can't install the new application.

Any idea?

thank you

have you ran permissions fix? Have you tried adb method?
20th May 2014, 04:30 AM   |  #3  
Flag Bandung
Thanks Meter: 42

288 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

HI,

Any idea?

thank you

BTW, you said that you are using Root Browser, but did you enable the R/W on System files ?
If that's not working try another Root Browser (Root Explorer or ES File explorer are recommended)

...And I assume that you are rooted being installed with Leaked 4.4.2 ROM.

You can only delete,replace or modify system files IF you have enabled R/W on system files, which is most Root file manager set the default to disabled.

If you still can't remove it,I recommend you use AROMA File Manager.
AROMA File Manager can only be open in Recovery (CWM & Philz/Advanced CWM...never tried TWRP)
21st May 2014, 04:14 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

26 posts
Solved! Thank you guys

Inviato dal mio SM-P605 utilizzando Tapatalk
22nd May 2014, 04:36 AM   |  #5  
Flag Bandung
Thanks Meter: 42

288 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Solved! Thank you guys

Inviato dal mio SM-P605 utilizzando Tapatalk

Can you elaborate by telling us what did you do to solve your problem?
It might help other people
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread