Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Is it just me, or is the battery on this phone HORRIBLE?!

OP jonnythrice

21st May 2014, 12:51 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 0

43 posts
More
Hey all,

I just upgraded to the HTC One after my RAZR M pissed me off for the last time. I bought the phone slightly used (about a month old) in perfect shape, and I gotta say, so far, I'm loving this phone! Everything from the screen to the UI to Sense is fantastic!

HOWEVER, the battery life is simply HORRIBLE! Mind you, I do use my phone quite a bit for actual phone calls (I'm a contractor, so I'm on the phone quite a bit), but on an average day, I'm down to 50-60% battery by noon...and my day starts at 9!

Is this normal?
21st May 2014, 01:25 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 591

1,874 posts
It's just you. I can go 12 hrs and be 70% battery left. That's surfing the web and texts and so on. Download an app that will show you what's keeping your phone awake and not Dee sleep. I forgot the app name but I'm sure others can chime in.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
21st May 2014, 02:22 AM   |  #3  
Flag Olathe
Thanks Meter: 190

676 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnythrice

Hey all,

I just upgraded to the HTC One after my RAZR M pissed me off for the last time. I bought the phone slightly used (about a month old) in perfect shape, and I gotta say, so far, I'm loving this phone! Everything from the screen to the UI to Sense is fantastic!

HOWEVER, the battery life is simply HORRIBLE! Mind you, I do use my phone quite a bit for actual phone calls (I'm a contractor, so I'm on the phone quite a bit), but on an average day, I'm down to 50-60% battery by noon...and my day starts at 9!

Is this normal?

Better battery stats is a good app to see what's eating your battery life. I've had a rogue app drain battery extremely fast.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
21st May 2014, 03:25 PM   |  #4  
Flag Grove City
Thanks Meter: 9

412 posts
More
Also check your screen brightness setting. Try not to have it at 100 percent.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
22nd May 2014, 04:48 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
It also really depends on the ROM. The stock ROM battery performance is a bit below average. On ViperOne I had amazing battery, but you will need to wait a few days as the ROM settles in. Tasker may help by disabling things like data and sync when the screen is off, but that kind of battery savings probably shouldn't be necessary just to get through the day.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread