Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

Nova Launcher Update Brings Lollipop Functionality and Feel

One of the most popular third party launcher on Android, Nova Launcher, has just … more

[Q] USB Data Transfer problem + Battery drain

OP soblueu

22nd May 2014, 07:22 AM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley

Try another PC, install correct drivers...

So much more to try before you send it back.

Also, when you say data transfer does not work, does that mean you cannot send data between PC and phone or the that the PC does not recognise the phone at all?

Yes...I tried 3 different PCs. By data transfer, I mean that the PC doesn't recognize the phone, and the phone doesn't recognize the PC. And also when I go to device manager on the PC, there is no device that is marked as unknown or nothing. I installed PC Companion and it doesn't detect the phone either.

The thing is that it's a second hand phone so I can't send it back. I can fix it at a service, but they charge too much. I would rather buy a new phone than pay for fixing this one. The only option that I am considering is fixing it myself. But I am not sure which chip is faulty.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread