Originally Posted by stathis95194
I remember this from my One X days. It's a location issue. You have to trick Gracenote to think that you are in the US through a VPN software and then it will work with no problem.
1) Download and install Hotspot Shield Free from play store
2) Run Hotspot Shield and make sure that Virtual Location is: United States.
3) Play a song and you will see lyrics appearing.
4) Un-install Hotspot Shield
5) Play another song and voila, you always have lyrics
Thanks a lot for the tip, mate, but unfortunately it doesn't work for me. The Wi-Fi at work, which I used to download most of the lyrics the phone did manage to recognize, assigns US-based IP addresses, so I should have had no issues to begin with. I went ahead and tried the fix with Hotspot Shield anyways, but to no avail.
What's even more interesting is that it has downloaded lyrics for individual songs within an album. Why it would recognize one track, but wouldn't the very next one from the same album is beyond me.