Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,032 Members 52,561 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help with lyrics of the stock music player

Tip us?
 
Saikat.mondol1
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 48
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Khulna
Default [Q] Help with lyrics of the stock music player

I've bought M8 a week ago. I've come from a Symbian belle device, where if I put a .lrc file with same name as the song, it'd show the lyrics while playing songs. Now in M8 I've found there is a lyric downloading settings but I can't seem to see any lyrics on stock Music player. Can anyone help?
 
AshritShetty
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 20
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Mumbai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saikat.mondol1 View Post
I've bought M8 a week ago. I've come from a Symbian belle device, where if I put a .lrc file with same name as the song, it'd show the lyrics while playing songs. Now in M8 I've found there is a lyric downloading settings but I can't seem to see any lyrics on stock Music player. Can anyone help?
In order to view the lyrics you need to go to the visualizer for which you will have to swipe to the right from the music screen
 
Saikat.mondol1
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 48
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Khulna
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshritShetty View Post
In order to view the lyrics you need to go to the visualizer for which you will have to swipe to the right from the music screen
.lrc format works?
 
AshritShetty
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 20
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Mumbai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saikat.mondol1 View Post
.lrc format works?
The inbuilt Grace Note lyrics search engine fetches the lyrics automatically. I don't think there is an option to choose your own lyrics
 
Saikat.mondol1
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 48
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Khulna
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshritShetty View Post
The inbuilt Grace Note lyrics search engine fetches the lyrics automatically. I don't think there is an option to choose your own lyrics
But I've not been able to see a single lyric till now. Doesn't they have lyrics for either Eminem Rap God or The Monster ?
 
AshritShetty
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 20
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Mumbai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saikat.mondol1 View Post
But I've not been able to see a single lyric till now. Doesn't they have lyrics for either Eminem Rap God or The Monster ?
In the Visualizer screen press the 3 Dot Button and then Update Lyrics

Grace Note will now download the lyrics.
 
Andulias
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshritShetty View Post
In the Visualizer screen press the 3 Dot Button and then Update Lyrics

Grace Note will now download the lyrics.
Hey,

I tried this on multiple tracks and it doesn't seem to work. I thought I might fix the issue by modifying the .mp3 files and manually setting the correct album, artist, track number etc., but it still doesn't work. Whenever I try updating the lyrics I get the following notification:

Lyrics from LyricFind
Total 1 lyric(s) checked. 0 lyric(s) updated.

Any thoughts on how I could force it to find the correct lyrics? And it's not like I am trying with an obscure artist, it's Led Zeppelin IV for Christ's sake.
 
stathis95194
Old
#8  
stathis95194's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 221
Posts: 1,012
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Nicosia
I remember this from my One X days. It's a location issue. You have to trick Gracenote to think that you are in the US through a VPN software and then it will work with no problem.

1) Download and install Hotspot Shield Free from play store
2) Run Hotspot Shield and make sure that Virtual Location is: United States.
3) Play a song and you will see lyrics appearing.
4) Un-install Hotspot Shield
5) Play another song and voila, you always have lyrics
Phone: HTC One (M8) International
ROM: ARHD 10.2
Firmware: 2.22.401.5
Kernel: ElementalX Kernel v1.03

================
Live Soccer Results

================
 
Andulias
Old
(Last edited by Andulias; 22nd May 2014 at 07:56 AM.)
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by stathis95194 View Post
I remember this from my One X days. It's a location issue. You have to trick Gracenote to think that you are in the US through a VPN software and then it will work with no problem.

1) Download and install Hotspot Shield Free from play store
2) Run Hotspot Shield and make sure that Virtual Location is: United States.
3) Play a song and you will see lyrics appearing.
4) Un-install Hotspot Shield
5) Play another song and voila, you always have lyrics
Thanks a lot for the tip, mate, but unfortunately it doesn't work for me. The Wi-Fi at work, which I used to download most of the lyrics the phone did manage to recognize, assigns US-based IP addresses, so I should have had no issues to begin with. I went ahead and tried the fix with Hotspot Shield anyways, but to no avail.

What's even more interesting is that it has downloaded lyrics for individual songs within an album. Why it would recognize one track, but wouldn't the very next one from the same album is beyond me.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top 5 LG G3 MODs – XDA Developer TV

The LG G3 has been LG’s breakout hit of the summer. Using their knowledge frombuilding some … more

Make Your Calendar Widget Beautiful with Month

For some of us, summer vacation is alreadyover. For those getting ready to school, work, or … more

Integrate Social Networks Into Your Project With ASNE Library

Social network applications and services have developed into major parts ofour … more

Give Your Android Wear Device a Lock Screen with Lockable

Without a doubt,Android Wear is one of the most frequently talked abouttopics of … more