[Q] Any news on if the new SD card policy is being reversed?

27th April 2014, 03:51 PM   |  #21  
Flag Belfast
Thanks Meter: 14

92 posts
More
There is no need to root your phone. There is a file manager app called File Expert, that can access your external xd card.

Sent from my SM-G900F using xda app-developers app
27th April 2014, 03:58 PM   |  #22  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 30

154 posts
More
The included file manager will allow you to write to the ext sd card but that's not the issue. the issue is that 3rd party apps like folder sync are not allowed to write to it

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk
27th April 2014, 04:11 PM   |  #23  
Flag Marlboro NY
Thanks Meter: 198

751 posts
More
Meh, I haven't run into that being a problem yet. But as has been pointed out, root fixes it, and I'm always rooted, so if it ever DOES become a problem I can deal.
19th May 2014, 09:06 PM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 1

12 posts
Thumbs down
This is complete and utter bull****. As someone who uses FolderSync and ES File Explorer a lot this bothers me to no end. Is Google trying to be like Apple and telling me what I can do with my device?

Make it at least optional in the settings. I don't understand this decision other than make SD cards and apps that work with it unattractive to users. I don't feel like rooting my brand new phone that still got warranty. Especially with that fancy eFuse thing Samsung put in their newer devices
19th May 2014, 09:29 PM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 17

195 posts
My files app that comes with the phone is good enough for me. Haven't felt the need to use es explorer. I think it's a good decision to lock down on what apps can change files on SD card.

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app
20th May 2014, 02:54 AM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 1,650

2,242 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hetalmp

I think it's a good decision to lock down on what apps can change files on SD card.

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app

Seriously? Why would you be worried about the external SD card? It's the changes to internal memory that worry me the most

-Sent from Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to eyecon82 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd May 2014, 09:34 AM   |  #27  
Flag La Paz
Thanks Meter: 8

19 posts
Donate to Me
More
Oh god, ever since I got this phone I thought my SD Card wasn't working properly anymore (I upgraded from an S4 that was o 4.3).

I use ES File Manager a lot. When I download things, I want to move them tk the SD Card. But all moving and file creation operations have failed on the SD Card. Now I know why. I wasn't aware there were SD changes on 4.4.

What a d**k move from Google. I want control over my phone. At least give me a way to change this without having to root and other magical voyages.

Sent from my SM-G900H using XDA Free mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread