Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,384 Members 44,573 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Backup and removing bloatwares (System apps)

Tip us?

ali20142014
Old
(Last edited by ali20142014; 21st May 2014 at 05:17 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Backup and removing bloatwares (System apps)

Hello everyone! I have questions on ROM backup and removing bloatwares which are also known as system apps which come in your phone pre-installed.

I have currently Jelly Bean 4.2.2 on my phone and it is rooted with Framaroot which I have downloaded on XDA itself. When I bought this phone, there were many pre-installed system apps along, but I have disabled all which I do not use.

Now, I want to completely remove them from my phone. I have heard that if I want to remove the bloatwares COMPLETELY from my phone, they will be gone forever and also they will not be appeared again even if I do a factory reset. If this is true, then I will need to backup my current 4.2.2 system including with the bloatwares, and then remove the bloatwares completely after backup. I will have to backup because in case of problem, I can recover it.

I have three questions at this time:
  • Is it true if you uninstall bloatwares COMPLETELY on your phone, they will not appear later even if you do a factory reset?
  • How can I backup my actual ENTIRE 4.2.2 system with its bloatwares etc, to store on PC and then will reinstall later in case of emergency? I have heard of custom recovery, but explain me more. I want to backup the entire system.
  • If I want to install the backup system again later, how to do it?

Thank!

XxInvictus
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I don't know about the gone forever thing but Titanium Backup Pro can backup & restore all system & user apps, it can also uninstall system apps

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Ragkhuza
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali20142014 View Post
Hello everyone! I have questions on ROM backup and removing bloatwares which are also known as system apps which come in your phone pre-installed.

I have currently Jelly Bean 4.2.2 on my phone and it is rooted with Framaroot which I have downloaded on XDA itself. When I bought this phone, there were many pre-installed system apps along, but I have disabled all which I do not use.

Now, I want to completely remove them from my phone. I have heard that if I want to remove the bloatwares COMPLETELY from my phone, they will be gone forever and also they will not be appeared again even if I do a factory reset. If this is true, then I will need to backup my current 4.2.2 system including with the bloatwares, and then remove the bloatwares completely after backup. I will have to backup because in case of problem, I can recover it.

• Is it true if you uninstall bloatwares COMPLETELY on your phone, they will not appear later even if you do a factory reset?
  • How can I backup my actual ENTIRE 4.2.2 system with its bloatwares etc, to store on PC and then will reinstall later in case of emergency? I have heard of custom recovery, but explain me more. I want to backup the entire system.

Thank!
Use Rom tool box to back up your rom. Or use No bloat from google play to remove boatwares.

Never underestimate a kid whose poor in cash but rich in time.

Herr Harro
Old
Thanks Meter 15
With a custom recovery like CWM oder TWRP you can do a backup of your whole system (called Nandroid). In case of an emergency (?) you can flash the backup to you phone and everything will be there again, even if you deleted all the bloatware apps afterwards.

You can also use Titanium Backup to backup all your data and to remove these system apps later on. Having this backup you can re-install the apps afterwards.

To wrap this up. Having a backup enables you to reinstall deleted apps and they won't be gone forever. However, when deleting the backup everything will be gone of course

ali20142014
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thank you for replying. I have another question, where to download ROM 4.2.2 for Huawei Y320-U10?

M_Maha
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali20142014 View Post

Thank!

You can boot into recovery mode of your phone and select backup, this will backup your rom with only system apps and not the ones you install later.

If you want backup of rom with your other installed apps and their app data then use a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP or an application called Online Nandoid

If you want to backup individual apks use Titanium Backup ( needs root)

To delete system apps you can use Titanium Backup or use a ROOT EXPLORER to go to /system/app/ and delete the apks of unneeded apps.

HIT THANKS IF I HELPED