How to enable LTE on Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505

OP svetliol

22nd May 2014, 09:04 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 8

79 posts
More
Hello. I have Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 and since yesterday we have new (the first in our country) LTE network. Now i have a problem - the LTE option is unavailable and i cant use my LTE sim. I have searched in google but did not find a way to enable the LTE.
I dont want to flash custom ROM so my question is can i enable the LTE option with ROOT only?
Please help.
22nd May 2014, 09:39 AM   |  #2  
Flag IROP
Thanks Meter: 3

25 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by svetliol

Hello. I have Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 and since yesterday we have new (the first in our country) LTE network. Now i have a problem - the LTE option is unavailable and i cant use my LTE sim. I have searched in google but did not find a way to enable the LTE.
I dont want to flash custom ROM so my question is can i enable the LTE option with ROOT only?
Please help.

I'm experiencing same problem with my i9505 Black Edition.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Last edited by jrazapk; 22nd May 2014 at 09:41 AM.
22nd May 2014, 10:03 AM   |  #3  
Flag Kuwait
Thanks Meter: 44

270 posts
More
Just check whether this app works or not! I have not tested it on Kitkat.. But I was using this on JellyBean to force LTE on my S4...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...viaero4gtoggle
22nd May 2014, 10:50 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 653

2,094 posts
Donate to Me
More
1. Make a backup of ur Internal Memory
2. Make a factory reset (Settings > Accounts > Back Up and Reset > Factory Data Reset > Reset Device > Delete All/Erase Everything.)
3. Conect it to Kies 3
4. Kies 3 will give u the info you need for know ur correct CSC. This 3 letters CODE will be btw parenthesis close CSC.
5. Knowing ur CSC, take a look for this firmware in Sammobile.com
6. Download and flash it with ODIN (Dont flash a "Black EDITION" if ur phone isnt it)
7. Enjoy
22nd May 2014, 12:33 PM   |  #5  
First of all you need to make sure that you have a LTE-enabled SIM. Ask your provider.
Then, you should test it first with the official ROM (for your phone&operator&country).
If it does not work with the official ROM, ask again your provider.
If it works, go ahead and install a custom ROM. check if you have the option from above post. If not, you have to try to install the right modem (that fits your country/operator/phone - sammobile is your friend).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread