Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more
Post Reply

[Q] xperia play simlocked

OP nightwolf420

18th May 2014, 11:26 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
Hi everybody, can anyone teach me how to unlock the sim for free? cuz i'm going to unlock my bootloader, but woth the simlocked i can't done that.
Thanks, very apreciate for for ur help.
18th May 2014, 11:35 PM   |  #2  
TheScriptKitty's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mexico City
Thanks Meter: 107
 
199 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightwolf420

Hi everybody, can anyone teach me how to unlock the sim for free? cuz i'm going to unlock my bootloader, but woth the simlocked i can't done that.
Thanks, very apreciate for for ur help.

There is no free way to SIM-Unlock the Xperia Play, and you don't need to SIM-Unlock your phone to Unlock the Bootloader.
19th May 2014, 06:57 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScriptKitty

There is no free way to SIM-Unlock the Xperia Play, and you don't need to SIM-Unlock your phone to Unlock the Bootloader.

Thanks for answering me, i'm unlocking it with the testpoint method using s1tool, but when it is processing it shown that the process can't be done because my sim is locked @_@
Last edited by nightwolf420; 19th May 2014 at 07:35 AM.
19th May 2014, 08:49 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScriptKitty

There is no free way to SIM-Unlock the Xperia Play, and you don't need to SIM-Unlock your phone to Unlock the Bootloader.

Welcome to S1 tool.
That is small and crippled subset of SETOOL2 service tool.

DETACH USB CABLE FROM PHONE
REMOVE BATTERY FROM PHONE
ATTACH TESTPOINT
PRESS "READY", THEN ATTACH USB CABLE TO PHONE

PROCESSING ...
REMOVE TESTPOINT NOW, THEN PRESS "READY"


TO CONNECT NEXT PHONES
X10 Xperia,E10 Mini,E15 Xperia X8,U20 Mini Pro
LT15 Xperia ARC,MT15 Xperia NEO,R800 Xperia PLAY
PRESS AND HOLD "BACK" BUTTON...

ST18 Xperia RAY,ST15 Xperia Mini,SK17 Xperia Mini Pro
PRESS AND HOLD "Volume Down" BUTTON...

PLEASE ATTACH TURNED OFF PHONE NOW

RUNNING S1_LOADER VER "R4A062"
LOADER AID: 0001
FLASH ID: "002C/00B3"
LOADER VERSION: "r4A069"


NOT RECOGNIZED SIMLOCK CERTIFICATE
MAYBE YOU SHOULD UNLOCK PHONE BY SETOOL2 ?
Elapsed:100 secs.

This is my log.
19th May 2014, 03:30 PM   |  #5  
TheScriptKitty's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mexico City
Thanks Meter: 107
 
199 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightwolf420

Welcome to S1 tool.
That is small and crippled subset of SETOOL2 service tool.

DETACH USB CABLE FROM PHONE
REMOVE BATTERY FROM PHONE
ATTACH TESTPOINT
PRESS "READY", THEN ATTACH USB CABLE TO PHONE

PROCESSING ...
REMOVE TESTPOINT NOW, THEN PRESS "READY"


TO CONNECT NEXT PHONES
X10 Xperia,E10 Mini,E15 Xperia X8,U20 Mini Pro
LT15 Xperia ARC,MT15 Xperia NEO,R800 Xperia PLAY
PRESS AND HOLD "BACK" BUTTON...

ST18 Xperia RAY,ST15 Xperia Mini,SK17 Xperia Mini Pro
PRESS AND HOLD "Volume Down" BUTTON...

PLEASE ATTACH TURNED OFF PHONE NOW

RUNNING S1_LOADER VER "R4A062"
LOADER AID: 0001
FLASH ID: "002C/00B3"
LOADER VERSION: "r4A069"


NOT RECOGNIZED SIMLOCK CERTIFICATE
MAYBE YOU SHOULD UNLOCK PHONE BY SETOOL2 ?
Elapsed:100 secs.

This is my log.

The lowercase "r" in LOADER VERSION: "r4A069" means that you Unlocked your Bootloader.
20th May 2014, 06:52 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScriptKitty

The lowercase "r" in LOADER VERSION: "r4A069" means that you Unlocked your Bootloader.

So my phone is unlocked now? that's a great news! xD so now i can flash those 4.0 roms
20th May 2014, 07:34 PM   |  #7  
TheScriptKitty's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mexico City
Thanks Meter: 107
 
199 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightwolf420

So my phone is unlocked now? that's a great news! xD so now i can flash those 4.0 roms

Yes your Bootloader is now Unlocked. BTW when you dialed "*#*#7378423#*#*" and then went to > Service Info > Configuration. Did it say "Bootloader unlock Status: Yes"?
21st May 2014, 07:11 AM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScriptKitty

Yes your Bootloader is now Unlocked. BTW when you dialed "*#*#7378423#*#*" and then went to > Service Info > Configuration. Did it say "Bootloader unlock Status: Yes"?

its says no so i unlocked it via tp method
21st May 2014, 02:39 PM   |  #9  
TheScriptKitty's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mexico City
Thanks Meter: 107
 
199 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
Donate to Me
More
Info 2 [Depository]FTF Kernels for the Xperia Play
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightwolf420

its says no so i unlocked it via tp method

Okay, Since you unlocked your Bootloader with the test point method and you had "Bootloader unlock Status: No", you do not have access to Fastboot Mode. You can still flash a Costume Kernel but it will have to be flashed through Flash Mode in FlashTool.

Click on where it says "[Depository]FTF Kernels for the Xperia Play" in my signature and you can download Kernels that are converted in to FTF files (from the original .img file), so you can flash them via Flash Mode.
22nd May 2014, 11:51 AM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScriptKitty

Okay, Since you unlocked your Bootloader with the test point method and you had "Bootloader unlock Status: No", you do not have access to Fastboot Mode. You can still flash a Costume Kernel but it will have to be flashed through Flash Mode in FlashTool.

Click on where it says "[Depository]FTF Kernels for the Xperia Play" in my signature and you can download Kernels that are converted in to FTF files (from the original .img file), so you can flash them via Flash Mode.

Yar i had download a lot of .ftf kernel from ur site, they are really awesome! thanks for ur work really!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes