Mural Watchface Brings 500px to Android Wear

On a traditional watch, you can’t really do too much to change its appearance once … more

Android 5.0 Favorite Features, Release November 3rd? – XDA TV

Google Confirms Android 5.0 Lollipop for November 3rd! That and much more … more

Prepare Your Build Machines: Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn Now Official

Today is an important day for any and all Linux enthusiasts. One of the … more

Track the Time You Waste on Social Media with Socials Addict

When you use your phone, you often don’t even realize how much time you … more

[Q] NEED HELP! ROOT GT-I9192 S4 Mini DuoS 4.2.2 XXUBNB1

OP 007lou

17th May 2014, 09:19 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Hey guys,
i'm new here and i hope, that you can help me with my problem!

I've tried to root my Samsung I9192 S4 Mini DuoS, which is 4.2.2 and XXUBNB1.
I flashed the Custom Recovery (recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.5-serranoltexx.tar.md5) via Odin and after that, I've installed the S4Mini_RootKit_v2.zip via CWM Recovery.
SuperSU is installed, but if I check my root permisson, the message is, that i havent any root rights, although I installed the S4Mini_RootKit_v2.zip.

I can't understand it! I know that KNOX is the problem, and i dont know how to remove it. I've tried a lot of methods, like remove the KNOX files via ES Explorer, but it doesn't work!

My question: How can I root my Samsung I9192 S4 Mini DuoS with Android 4.2.2 and Built XXUBNB1?
Can I flash the Custom Kernel called "Amestris Kernel V2 for Samsung Galaxy S4 mini Duos (GT-I9192)" which is based of
MK4 on my I9192 with NB1?

THANK YOU!

AND SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH
17th May 2014, 10:34 AM   |  #2  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
XDA Assist Team
Thanks Meter: 1,865

2,320 posts
More
Follow this guide http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2494435

Powered by CM11 - M6 snapshot
17th May 2014, 11:16 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_a_z_v_a_n

Follow this guide http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2494435

Powered by CM11 - M6 snapshot

Thank You!
I follow the steps but i havent got any root permisson, although SuperSU is installed.
What can I do? Can i install the Amestris Kernel V2 for GT-I9192 via Odin (based on MK4) on my I9192
with NB1 ? KNOX is the problem, I Can't unistall it. But this Custom Kernel can deactivate it...
17th May 2014, 10:31 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 14

96 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007lou

Hey guys,
i'm new here and i hope, that you can help me with my problem!

I've tried to root my Samsung I9192 S4 Mini DuoS, which is 4.2.2 and XXUBNB1.
I flashed the Custom Recovery (recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.5-serranoltexx.tar.md5) via Odin and after that, I've installed the S4Mini_RootKit_v2.zip via CWM Recovery.
SuperSU is installed, but if I check my root permisson, the message is, that i havent any root rights, although I installed the S4Mini_RootKit_v2.zip.

Neither I could achieve root on I9192UBUAMH1 doing the arco method. Also Saferoot failed.
I then flashed PhilZ Touch CWM Advanced Edition, reflashed stock ROM, boot into Recovery and select "PhilZ Sttings" --> "Re-root System (SuperSU)"

That did the job for me.
18th May 2014, 08:52 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aguaz

Neither I could achieve root on I9192UBUAMH1 doing the arco method. Also Saferoot failed.
I then flashed PhilZ Touch CWM Advanced Edition, reflashed stock ROM, boot into Recovery and select "PhilZ Sttings" --> "Re-root System (SuperSU)"

That did the job for me.

did you re-flashed your Stockrom in the Custom Recovery or via Odin?
Can I flash the PhilZ Touch CWM Recovery over my Clockwork-recovery and do "Re-Root system", without reflash stock rom????
18th May 2014, 07:25 PM   |  #6  

96 posts
Quote:

did you re-flashed your Stockrom in the Custom Recovery or via Odin?

I flashed system.img.ext4 (extracted from Stock firmware) with heimdall after I had wiped the ROM with PhilZ Touch CWM.
I think you should be able to achieve the same with Odin instead of heimdall.

Quote:

Can I flash the PhilZ Touch CWM Recovery over my Clockwork-recovery and do "Re-Root system", without reflash stock rom????

Yes, it might work w/o re-flashing system. In my case I just wanted to make sure there were no leftovers from my previous attempts with arco/saferoot.

Here is a quick summary of all attempts I did:
- arco recovery --> works
- arco root --> fails
- saferoot --> fails
- PhilZ touch --> works
- clean ROM with PhilZ touch --> works
- re-flash Stock ROM (only system.img.ext4) --> works
- re-root with PhilZ touch --> works
Last edited by aguaz; 18th May 2014 at 07:57 PM.
19th May 2014, 03:35 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:

I flashed system.img.ext4 (extracted from Stock firmware) with heimdall after I had wiped the ROM with PhilZ Touch CWM.
I think you should be able to achieve the same with Odin instead of heimdall.

Yes, it might work w/o re-flashing system. In my case I just wanted to make sure there were no leftovers from my previous attempts with arco/saferoot.

Here is a quick summary of all attempts I did:
- arco recovery --> works
- arco root --> fails
- saferoot --> fails
- PhilZ touch --> works
- clean ROM with PhilZ touch --> works
- re-flash Stock ROM (only system.img.ext4) --> works
- re-root with PhilZ touch --> works

THANK YOU SO MUCH!
I will try it out today, but I have still a little question:
Does the PhilZ touch Recovery root my phone without any Zip file, i mean automaticly???? And does it works (with KNOX and with 4.2.2)?
20th May 2014, 06:53 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 161

685 posts
More
Use saferoot,

But I the Knox notifications was preventing root access just force close all knox related apps on applications manager then open supersu, worked for me,

If you have cwm recovery you have all you need

Solution 1) mount system and use aroma file manager to delete all the Knox related apps then reboot and update supersu,

Solution 2) You could also flash a rom cleaner script to delete all bloatware including Knox stuff reboot and update super su

Sent from my GT-I9192 using Tapatalk
Last edited by fburgos; 20th May 2014 at 07:01 PM.
22nd May 2014, 04:31 AM   |  #9  

96 posts
Quote:

I will try it out today, but I have still a little question:
Does the PhilZ touch Recovery root my phone without any Zip file

Yes, the re-root option of Philz CWM did that in my case. At least so I was able to run 'su' when in adb shell. You might have to install SuperSU additionally for running Android root apps.

I'm not on Knox, so I'm not of much help there. As far as I understood though, it doesn't prevent you from any rooting but will set a flag when you flash any custom firmware. By applying the arco root I guess you've triggered that flag already though. As fburgos said the Saferoot way should not trigger that flag, but it failed to run on my device.

Quote:

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Don't say that, just hit the "Thanks" button
The Following User Says Thank You to aguaz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd May 2014, 12:01 PM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:

Yes, the re-root option of Philz CWM did that in my case. At least so I was able to run 'su' when in adb shell. You might have to install SuperSU additionally for running Android root apps.

I'm not on Knox, so I'm not of much help there. As far as I understood though, it doesn't prevent you from any rooting but will set a flag when you flash any custom firmware. By applying the arco root I guess you've triggered that flag already though. As fburgos said the Saferoot way should not trigger that flag, but it failed to run on my device.

Don't say that, just hit the "Thanks" button

I have a new problem, my Phone doesn' have Connection of mobile Data, so i can't use Internet outside (wifi works). I have checked the APN but its all right. The phone accepts the sim card, but i cant use the mobile data
What can I do?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread