Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Root method for 4.4.2 OTA?

OP DJ0224

21st May 2014, 09:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

17 posts
Are the old root methods for 4.3 still valid after taking the 4.4.2 OTA? I tried using kingo root but it will not work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
21st May 2014, 09:48 PM   |  #2  

30 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ0224

Are the old root methods for 4.3 still valid after taking the 4.4.2 OTA? I tried using kingo root but it will not work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The way I understand it is they changed something in the code that broke the old roots. Were you rooted before the 4.4.2 OTA? There were many threads here warning against taking the OTA for the risk of loosing root. You may be without it for a while until someone finds a work around for the new code...
21st May 2014, 09:51 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

17 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeFknGuy

The way I understand it is they changed something in the code that broke the old roots. Were you rooted before the 4.4.2 OTA? There were many threads here warning against taking the OTA for the risk of loosing root. You may be without it for a while until someone finds a work around for the new code...

No, I was not rooted beforehand. I just recently got the phone and love it. But man I would love to get root access for bloatware, adblock, ect. I guess i'll have to just keep an eye out for a new method when one drops.

Thanks for the quick reply though!
22nd May 2014, 04:29 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Yeah, in the same boat here. I just got the phone on the day KK dropped, so I assumed the update when i first powered the phone on was an old one. If only I had known! LOL
22nd May 2014, 01:58 PM   |  #5  

7 posts
Same here! Hope someone comes up with a solution soon.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread