Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,563 Members 45,114 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bluetooth reboots Note 8

Tip us?

ekummel
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Bluetooth reboots Note 8

I have an AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 8 LTE. I connect to it using a bluetooth headset (listen to tunes while on my commute) and my FitBit One.
The FitBit One doesn't exactly "pair"...I don't know how it works really...I think it's that new Bluetooth LE thing...
My Bluetooth headset does pair and it works great...in fact both devices work fine.
Except when I don't use my headset for several hours. When I get to work, I disconnect my bluetooth headset and put it on the charger. When I go home, if I attempt a bluetooth connection with the headset, the bluetooth icon on the Note will show blue in color and say "connecting" but it will never connect. The headset makes a "connected" noise and I can manipulate the media player using the headset buttons (next/previous song, raise and lower volume, pause music) but the audio will be coming from the Note's speakers.
Now here is where it gets weird...I can stop the bluetooth service just fine. But if I turn it back on again, the Note will reboot. In fact, if I do anything to any of the radios...WiFi, LTE Bluetooth, the note will reboot.

Has anybody experienced something similar with this device..or perhaps another Samsung device?

Thanks

mstrswrd06
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekummel View Post
I have an AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 8 LTE. I connect to it using a bluetooth headset (listen to tunes while on my commute) and my FitBit One.
The FitBit One doesn't exactly "pair"...I don't know how it works really...I think it's that new Bluetooth LE thing...
My Bluetooth headset does pair and it works great...in fact both devices work fine.
Except when I don't use my headset for several hours. When I get to work, I disconnect my bluetooth headset and put it on the charger. When I go home, if I attempt a bluetooth connection with the headset, the bluetooth icon on the Note will show blue in color and say "connecting" but it will never connect. The headset makes a "connected" noise and I can manipulate the media player using the headset buttons (next/previous song, raise and lower volume, pause music) but the audio will be coming from the Note's speakers.
Now here is where it gets weird...I can stop the bluetooth service just fine. But if I turn it back on again, the Note will reboot. In fact, if I do anything to any of the radios...WiFi, LTE Bluetooth, the note will reboot.

Has anybody experienced something similar with this device..or perhaps another Samsung device?

Thanks
Can't say I've experienced it. Are you rooted/have a custom ROM? If not, have you tried a factory reset?