Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,757 Members 48,255 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] At wits end soft brick verizon note 2

Tip us?

d73jester
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] At wits end soft brick verizon note 2

heres the situation i have a note 2 on verizon service, i was running jellywiz and got the ota firmware update, needless to say they dont like each other and i was stuck in a boot loop. well yesterday i got it working and today i tried to reroot my phone. now today i can still access odin mode and i have been trying to get even stock back and i cant seem to find the right file, i believe its because my firmware got updated to 4.3 . i have tried the following md5 files the i605vraljb, the i605vzwamc3 and the root66_vzw_stock system. all which fail. the root66 gets stuck in a boot loop and the vraljb fails sboot in odin and wamc3 is unsupported version. any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Dave
trombleydc@mail.com

BluGuy
Old
(Last edited by BluGuy; 22nd May 2014 at 02:32 PM.)
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by d73jester View Post
heres the situation i have a note 2 on verizon service, i was running jellywiz and got the ota firmware update, needless to say they dont like each other and i was stuck in a boot loop. well yesterday i got it working and today i tried to reroot my phone. now today i can still access odin mode and i have been trying to get even stock back and i cant seem to find the right file, i believe its because my firmware got updated to 4.3 . i have tried the following md5 files the i605vraljb, the i605vzwamc3 and the root66_vzw_stock system. all which fail. the root66 gets stuck in a boot loop and the vraljb fails sboot in odin and wamc3 is unsupported version. any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Dave
trombleydc@mail.com
If you installed the Ota for 4.3 from Verizon your bootloader is locked and can't downgrade to a previous version. Easiest way to tell if this is the case is when in odin mode it will say something about Knox warranty.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app