FORUMS

Themes for SM-N910U Exynos Note 4

Samsung has too many phone variants for their flagships, which leaves out users incapable of getting … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 26 – May 2)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Great Camera Hardware, or Software?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on phone cameras. Come with your opinions and feel … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 25 – May 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Anyone else see this?

1st May 2014, 03:10 AM |#1  
OP Member
Flag Austin
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
http://www.cultofandroid.com/62256/g...h-later-today/

Clearly it didn't launch, but it looks like going to happen. Maybe we'll get a rom out of it.
The Following User Says Thank You to MatthewPresley For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
7th May 2014, 10:48 AM |#2  
Sparatan117's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag South Carolina
Thanks Meter: 59
 
More
You know, I'd be excited, but honestly TouchWiz has done a fairly good job at keeping close to stock android this time around. Besides the fact that I don't have the toggles that I would get from the normal stock android launcher, I can't really find much to grip against this version.

That being said battery life is always the determinate factor, so I guess we'll see where that leaves things.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sparatan117 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th May 2014, 04:26 PM |#3  
92drls's Avatar
Senior Member
Behind you
Thanks Meter: 120
 
More
I'm indifferent, I've always loved the battery life of AOSP android but TouchWiz, in my opinion and does a great job on the S4 and even better now on the 5. Plus, it has always been helpful with S-Health, Notes and similar utilities. To me, I'm glad I grabbed the stock T-Mobile version and then just trim things off as I see fit. It runs as smooth as anything else, far as I can tell anyway.
22nd May 2014, 04:11 AM |#4  
Dr. Fed's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Boston Area
Thanks Meter: 99
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparatan117

You know, I'd be excited, but honestly TouchWiz has done a fairly good job at keeping close to stock android this time around. Besides the fact that I don't have the toggles that I would get from the normal stock android launcher, I can't really find much to grip against this version.

That being said battery life is always the determinate factor, so I guess we'll see where that leaves things.

I can gripe about one thing for sure: no lock screen widgets. That is a senseless ommision of a basic Android feature that I find very useful. Especially since the weather info on the Samsung lock screen doesn't like to update automatically.

The phone's been great outside of that.
22nd May 2014, 07:52 AM |#5  
Sparatan117's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag South Carolina
Thanks Meter: 59
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Fed

I can gripe about one thing for sure: no lock screen widgets. That is a senseless ommision of a basic Android feature that I find very useful. Especially since the weather info on the Samsung lock screen doesn't like to update automatically.

The phone's been great outside of that.

In all seriousness a large part of the population hated the whole lock screen widgets and from what I heard they were generally regarded as a bad move by Google. Sorry if you liked that. I think you might be able to pull a stock launcher from one of the prior builds and stick it in there and run it. May or may not work, I'm not a developer here but it is just an APK so it might.
22nd May 2014, 11:32 AM |#6  
Dr. Fed's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Boston Area
Thanks Meter: 99
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparatan117

In all seriousness a large part of the population hated the whole lock screen widgets and from what I heard they were generally regarded as a bad move by Google. Sorry if you liked that. I think you might be able to pull a stock launcher from one of the prior builds and stick it in there and run it. May or may not work, I'm not a developer here but it is just an APK so it might.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong with the Samsung weather app. Does yours update as you've scheduled it to?
22nd May 2014, 02:42 PM |#7  
em0ney14's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 358
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Fed

Maybe I'm doing something wrong with the Samsung weather app. Does yours update as you've scheduled it to?

I had that issue until I turned on location services (GPS)

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes