LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

Lockdown Pro 2 Brings Material Design and Media Support

Back in March of this year, we took a look at a rather innovated security application … more

Mural Watchface Brings 500px to Android Wear

On a traditional watch, you can’t really do too much to change its appearance once … more

Android 5.0 Favorite Features, Release November 3rd? – XDA TV

Google Confirms Android 5.0 Lollipop for November 3rd! That and much more … more

Anyone else see this?

OP MatthewPresley

1st May 2014, 03:10 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Austin
Thanks Meter: 10

59 posts
More
http://www.cultofandroid.com/62256/g...h-later-today/

Clearly it didn't launch, but it looks like going to happen. Maybe we'll get a rom out of it.
The Following User Says Thank You to MatthewPresley For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th May 2014, 10:48 AM   |  #2  
Flag South Carolina
Thanks Meter: 59

153 posts
More
You know, I'd be excited, but honestly TouchWiz has done a fairly good job at keeping close to stock android this time around. Besides the fact that I don't have the toggles that I would get from the normal stock android launcher, I can't really find much to grip against this version.

That being said battery life is always the determinate factor, so I guess we'll see where that leaves things.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sparatan117 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th May 2014, 04:26 PM   |  #3  
Behind you
Thanks Meter: 105

616 posts
More
I'm indifferent, I've always loved the battery life of AOSP android but TouchWiz, in my opinion and does a great job on the S4 and even better now on the 5. Plus, it has always been helpful with S-Health, Notes and similar utilities. To me, I'm glad I grabbed the stock T-Mobile version and then just trim things off as I see fit. It runs as smooth as anything else, far as I can tell anyway.
22nd May 2014, 04:11 AM   |  #4  
Flag Boston Area
Thanks Meter: 72

300 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparatan117

You know, I'd be excited, but honestly TouchWiz has done a fairly good job at keeping close to stock android this time around. Besides the fact that I don't have the toggles that I would get from the normal stock android launcher, I can't really find much to grip against this version.

That being said battery life is always the determinate factor, so I guess we'll see where that leaves things.

I can gripe about one thing for sure: no lock screen widgets. That is a senseless ommision of a basic Android feature that I find very useful. Especially since the weather info on the Samsung lock screen doesn't like to update automatically.

The phone's been great outside of that.
22nd May 2014, 07:52 AM   |  #5  
Flag South Carolina
Thanks Meter: 59

153 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Fed

I can gripe about one thing for sure: no lock screen widgets. That is a senseless ommision of a basic Android feature that I find very useful. Especially since the weather info on the Samsung lock screen doesn't like to update automatically.

The phone's been great outside of that.

In all seriousness a large part of the population hated the whole lock screen widgets and from what I heard they were generally regarded as a bad move by Google. Sorry if you liked that. I think you might be able to pull a stock launcher from one of the prior builds and stick it in there and run it. May or may not work, I'm not a developer here but it is just an APK so it might.
22nd May 2014, 11:32 AM   |  #6  
Flag Boston Area
Thanks Meter: 72

300 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparatan117

In all seriousness a large part of the population hated the whole lock screen widgets and from what I heard they were generally regarded as a bad move by Google. Sorry if you liked that. I think you might be able to pull a stock launcher from one of the prior builds and stick it in there and run it. May or may not work, I'm not a developer here but it is just an APK so it might.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong with the Samsung weather app. Does yours update as you've scheduled it to?
22nd May 2014, 02:42 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 174

401 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Fed

Maybe I'm doing something wrong with the Samsung weather app. Does yours update as you've scheduled it to?

I had that issue until I turned on location services (GPS)

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread