Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,690 Members 48,118 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Anyone else see this?

Tip us?

MatthewPresley
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default Anyone else see this?

http://www.cultofandroid.com/62256/g...h-later-today/

Clearly it didn't launch, but it looks like going to happen. Maybe we'll get a rom out of it.
The Following User Says Thank You to MatthewPresley For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sparatan117
Old
Thanks Meter 58
You know, I'd be excited, but honestly TouchWiz has done a fairly good job at keeping close to stock android this time around. Besides the fact that I don't have the toggles that I would get from the normal stock android launcher, I can't really find much to grip against this version.

That being said battery life is always the determinate factor, so I guess we'll see where that leaves things.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sparatan117 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

92drls
Old
Thanks Meter 83
I'm indifferent, I've always loved the battery life of AOSP android but TouchWiz, in my opinion and does a great job on the S4 and even better now on the 5. Plus, it has always been helpful with S-Health, Notes and similar utilities. To me, I'm glad I grabbed the stock T-Mobile version and then just trim things off as I see fit. It runs as smooth as anything else, far as I can tell anyway.
Phone: T-Mo Galaxy S5
Modem UVU1BNF6
ROM: Omega V4.0
Kernel Blaze Beta 15/16
Recovery: Philz Touch

How's my driving? Hitting thanks means a lot!

G1, Mytouch, HD2, Nexus One, G2, Mytouch 4g, G2x, Sensation, Galaxy S3, S4, S5...

Dr. Fed
Old
Thanks Meter 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparatan117 View Post
You know, I'd be excited, but honestly TouchWiz has done a fairly good job at keeping close to stock android this time around. Besides the fact that I don't have the toggles that I would get from the normal stock android launcher, I can't really find much to grip against this version.

That being said battery life is always the determinate factor, so I guess we'll see where that leaves things.
I can gripe about one thing for sure: no lock screen widgets. That is a senseless ommision of a basic Android feature that I find very useful. Especially since the weather info on the Samsung lock screen doesn't like to update automatically.

The phone's been great outside of that.

Sparatan117
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Fed View Post
I can gripe about one thing for sure: no lock screen widgets. That is a senseless ommision of a basic Android feature that I find very useful. Especially since the weather info on the Samsung lock screen doesn't like to update automatically.

The phone's been great outside of that.
In all seriousness a large part of the population hated the whole lock screen widgets and from what I heard they were generally regarded as a bad move by Google. Sorry if you liked that. I think you might be able to pull a stock launcher from one of the prior builds and stick it in there and run it. May or may not work, I'm not a developer here but it is just an APK so it might.

Dr. Fed
Old
Thanks Meter 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparatan117 View Post
In all seriousness a large part of the population hated the whole lock screen widgets and from what I heard they were generally regarded as a bad move by Google. Sorry if you liked that. I think you might be able to pull a stock launcher from one of the prior builds and stick it in there and run it. May or may not work, I'm not a developer here but it is just an APK so it might.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong with the Samsung weather app. Does yours update as you've scheduled it to?

em0ney14
Old
Thanks Meter 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Fed View Post
Maybe I'm doing something wrong with the Samsung weather app. Does yours update as you've scheduled it to?
I had that issue until I turned on location services (GPS)

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk