[Tutorial] How to flash Kit Kat on Korean Galaxy S / M110S using Kit Kat Patch

Search This thread

pakupalicious

Nov 29, 2012
Same Problem

Hello again, if anyone had found a blue tint screen fix for my m110s, do let me know cuz trying the color fix app lags my device. Thanks!!!

I have the same problem bro. My Phone got blue tinted screen after i flash the recovery so i go back to gingerbread WF07. I tried so many tricks to fix it but nothing's work. Let me know if you already fix it and share your fix. Thanks :)

Nocturnal001

Feb 22, 2014
Help needed!

Guys I need help. As I said before that I'm having blue tint error, can we flash it with other recovery because I'm getting this error from the cwm recovery. If anyone has a similar recovery or twrp or any of them for the m110s, do let me know please!

Thanks

Dec 23, 2013
KARACHI
Facing Network Problems

hi ..... I have flashed many kitkat roms on my m110s the same way as mentioned and applied the patch tool but i am not getting network signals......i have also tried kitkat 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 roms of gt-i9000 and applied the patch but i am still unable to get network on any of the roms......network works fine 0n 2.3.6 and 4.1.2 roms

hrand

May 18, 2014
Boulogne Billancourt
www.google.com
Is this ROM multilanguage

Hi people here, I am new in this topic and I'm sorry if this question was asked many times. I have a friend who bought a samsung galaxy S korean version, I'd like to suggest him to install this ROM but before, can you tell me if there is French language in it. :good: Big thanks to the developpers

yohanyoyo

Nov 6, 2012
help

Is now ear phone jack, voce recording problem solved in Kat ROM on the SHW M110S ? which is the best rom version to use

blackrose1

Apr 10, 2012
Even i installed 3 app .. Skr and ringtone and.... But it dies not work correctly
How to fix it

kobbycarson

Sep 7, 2014
Other ROMS

How to upgrade from Gingerbread WF07 to a CM Based Kit Kat ROM on the SHW M110S using a Patch

Basic Considerations that will help you to restore your current ROM
First make a Backup of your current ROM, such that you can return to it, IF the Kit Kat ROM is not what you expected it to be. How?

a) When Using a tegrak Kernel on the M110S , you can get this done on the bootup screen , by entering it and making a system and also a dbdata/data backup of your phone, which can be restored by using the terak kernel again IF WF07 ROM is what suits you best.

Your backup will be placed in the Tegrak Folder in the Internal SD card...so save this to your PC or external SD card for safe keeping.

b) When using a Speedmod kernel, you need to enter recovery first to make a nandroid backup of your system and data

Your Backup will be placed in the ClockWorkMod Folder of your SD card. Which can be restored by using the speedMod kernel again IF WF07 ROM is what you desire.

c). You should also use SMS & Contacts Backup apps from play store as well as sync your contacts , calendar etc with Google using your Google account. You can use the same apps to restore them in your new ROM,
What you should know about this Kit Kat Patch on the M110S​
a) It is basically using an i9000 CWM and Patching it for M110S, as such the CWM used will only be useful to install the Kit kat ROM, and its basic functions like making a nandroid backup, will not be working after patching, as the patch will change its build prop to M110S

b) mic used for recording as well as ringtone for incoming call, is not working after the patch is executed on any CM Based i9000 Kit Kat ROM

c) When charging, avoid using the Device as touch becomes erratic.

d) Actually you can use any Kit kat ROM but because once the patch is applied further flashing fails to boot the Phone, Gapps has to be prepacked with the ROM, So only [ROM][4.4.2][SHW M110S] Resurrection Remix® 4.4.2 KitKat v5.0.1 by @rodman01 is currently available by courtesy of Resurrection Remix Team.

So IF the above is acceptable to you, than you should use this Patch, as indeed Kit Kat will make your device perform much better.
The Kit Kat ROM's for Korean Galaxy S (SHW M110S) that have little to NO issues at the moment are​
Common Issue in Kit Kat ROM's being having NO Ringtone only vibration and Mic for recording fails to function

[ROM][4.4.2][SHW M110S] Resurrection Remix® 4.4.2 KitKat v5.0.1 by @rodman01 has been prepacked with Gapps and tested for M110s & M190S
Warning!!! & Reminder
What you do with your Phone is your own responsibility, so do it at your own risk. Always ensure your Battery is fully Charged prior to flashing any phone
Installation procedure for Kit Kat upgrade using Kit Kat Patch
First , Thanks to Developers for this Kit Kat Patch Samsung SHW-M110S [Galaxy S] KitKat PatchTool, 3.0 Kernel

Credits to:-
- @arter97
- @sktjdgns1189
- @sch2307
- Special Thanks to Dokdo
- Special Thanks to Prizm

1) Download:-

Visit Naver.com and download the undermentioned Files or look below for attached files

Older version of Patching Tool , can be used for older versions of ROM only

Files one to three, should be placed in your SD card, (Internal or External)
Files 4 & 5 are flashed with Odin3 , so place them in your PC

Now Download the CM based i9000 Kit Kat ROM of your choice

Recommended based on my testing
RR Kit Kat Version 5.0.1
RR Kit Kat Version 5.0.2.1
RR Kit Kat Version 5.0.3 or 5.0.4 or 5.0.5 or 5.0.6
credits to Resurrection Remix Team for above ROM
@westcrip
@xenon92
@rodman01

and place it on your SD card together with files 1 to 3

2) Flash the version 5.0.2.8 recovery & EFS Backup on your Phone, How?

Put your phone into download mode,
Fireup Odin3 on your PC, connect to Odin3 with USB cable,
select m110s-EFS_Backup-recovery.tar under PDA and Flash it.

Ensure you do not reboot the phone by "UNTICK" reboot in Odin3 such that it will not power ON after Flashing, in case it does power ON, just pull out Battery , press power button for 30 seconds and insert battery again

3) After flashing recovery with Odin, You can enter " Recovery Mode" by pressing VolumedownKey+PowerKey+HomeKey.

4) In CWM Recovery version 5.0.2.8, You now choose the M110S_EFSBackupTool.zip. you placed in your SD card by selecting "Install zip from sdcard" which will lead you to "choose zip from sdcard", which will take you to all the folders you have on your SD Card..scroll down to where you placed the downloaded files and select it

Once selected the zip will be Flashed on to your phone, so wait till it says "install completed" Now reboot the phone by selecting it in the CWM Menu

Your device will boot up with the ROM, you had before, you can now copy your efs backup for safe keeping or keep it in the SD card, after this you power down the device and put it into download mode again for flashing with Odin3

5)Put your phone into download mode,
select m110s-installation-recovery.tar under PDA and Flash it (with auto reboot ticked) and You Device must boot up into CWM 6.0.45 after this by itself ( so do not touch or press anything till it enters CWM 6.0.4.5 recovery).

6) In CWM Recovery version 6.0.4.5, You now choose the m110s-format-system.zip. you placed in your SD card by selecting "Install zip from sdcard" which will lead you to "choose zip from sdcard", which will take you to all the folders you have on your SD Card..scroll down to where you placed the downloaded files and select it

Once selected the zip will be Flashed on to your phone, so wait till it says "install completed"

7) Now select Resurrection Remix Kit Kat ROM in your SD card, as above and flash it and wait till it says "install completed"

8) Now Select the M110S_PatchTool.zip. as above and flash it till it says "install completed"

9) Now choose Reboot Phone and let your device reboot to enjoy the Kit Kat ROM.

Ringtone Workaround

You can download Ringtone and Install

or
download Ringtone.apk into /system /app with a file manger, set permissions to rw-r-r and restart

or
download Call & SMS Announcer and install
If you have a problem and need to revert back to Gingerbread use the
Unbricking the Korean Galaxy S [SHW M110S] Guide

Look in [POLL][FAQ][Discussion] Kit Kat 4.4 / CM 11 for Galaxy S [i9000][i9001][M110S] for FAQ on Kit Kat

You , YES! you are an " Android ".

If you find any post helpful on XDA, please click on the Thanks button
thanks.jpg

If you are using XDA App or Tapatalk, long press on the post and select :good: Thanks
Its easier to give "Feedback" in this manner than make an additional post.​

Can you flash other samsung galaxy i9000 roms using this same method??::laugh::)

legoir

Oct 8, 2014
couldnt download the rom file,it says file is deleted in "mediafire",wat to do?

How to upgrade from Gingerbread WF07 to a CM Based Kit Kat ROM on the SHW M110S using a Patch

First make a Backup of your current ROM, such that you can return to it, IF the Kit Kat ROM is not what you expected it to be. How?

a) When Using a tegrak Kernel on the M110S , you can get this done on the bootup screen , by entering it and making a system and also a dbdata/data backup of your phone, which can be restored by using the terak kernel again IF WF07 ROM is what suits you best.

Your backup will be placed in the Tegrak Folder in the Internal SD card...so save this to your PC or external SD card for safe keeping.

b) When using a Speedmod kernel, you need to enter recovery first to make a nandroid backup of your system and data

Your Backup will be placed in the ClockWorkMod Folder of your SD card. Which can be restored by using the speedMod kernel again IF WF07 ROM is what you desire.

c). You should also use SMS & Contacts Backup apps from play store as well as sync your contacts , calendar etc with Google using your Google account. You can use the same apps to restore them in your new ROM,
a) It is basically using an i9000 CWM and Patching it for M110S, as such the CWM used will only be useful to install the Kit kat ROM, and its basic functions like making a nandroid backup, will not be working after patching, as the patch will change its build prop to M110S

b) mic used for recording as well as ringtone for incoming call, is not working after the patch is executed on any CM Based i9000 Kit Kat ROM

d) Actually you can use any Kit kat ROM but because once the patch is applied further flashing fails to boot the Phone, Gapps has to be prepacked with the ROM, So only [ROM][4.4.2][SHW M110S] Resurrection Remix® 4.4.2 KitKat v5.0.1 by @rodman01 is currently available by courtesy of Resurrection Remix Team.

So IF the above is acceptable to you, than you should use this Patch, as indeed Kit Kat will make your device perform much better.
The Kit Kat ROM's for Korean Galaxy S (SHW M110S) that have little to NO issues at the moment are​
Common Issue in Kit Kat ROM's being having NO Ringtone only vibration and Mic for recording fails to function

[ROM][4.4.2][SHW M110S] Resurrection Remix® 4.4.2 KitKat v5.0.1 by @rodman01 has been prepacked with Gapps and tested for M110s & M190S
Warning!!! & Reminder
What you do with your Phone is your own responsibility, so do it at your own risk. Always ensure your Battery is fully Charged prior to flashing any phone
First , Thanks to Developers for this Kit Kat Patch Samsung SHW-M110S [Galaxy S] KitKat PatchTool, 3.0 Kernel

- @arter97
- @sktjdgns1189
- @sch2307

Visit Naver.com and download the undermentioned Files or look below for attached files

RR Kit Kat Version 5.0.1
@westcrip
@xenon92
@rodman01

Ensure you do not reboot the phone by "UNTICK" reboot in Odin3 such that it will not power ON after Flashing, in case it does power ON, just pull out Battery , press power button for 30 seconds and insert battery again

3) After flashing recovery with Odin, You can enter " Recovery Mode" by pressing VolumedownKey+PowerKey+HomeKey.

4) In CWM Recovery version 5.0.2.8, You now choose the M110S_EFSBackupTool.zip. you placed in your SD card by selecting "Install zip from sdcard" which will lead you to "choose zip from sdcard", which will take you to all the folders you have on your SD Card..scroll down to where you placed the downloaded files and select it

Once selected the zip will be Flashed on to your phone, so wait till it says "install completed" Now reboot the phone by selecting it in the CWM Menu

Your device will boot up with the ROM, you had before, you can now copy your efs backup for safe keeping or keep it in the SD card, after this you power down the device and put it into download mode again for flashing with Odin3

select m110s-installation-recovery.tar under PDA and Flash it (with auto reboot ticked) and You Device must boot up into CWM 6.0.45 after this by itself ( so do not touch or press anything till it enters CWM 6.0.4.5 recovery).

6) In CWM Recovery version 6.0.4.5, You now choose the m110s-format-system.zip. you placed in your SD card by selecting "Install zip from sdcard" which will lead you to "choose zip from sdcard", which will take you to all the folders you have on your SD Card..scroll down to where you placed the downloaded files and select it

Once selected the zip will be Flashed on to your phone, so wait till it says "install completed"

7) Now select Resurrection Remix Kit Kat ROM in your SD card, as above and flash it and wait till it says "install completed"

8) Now Select the M110S_PatchTool.zip. as above and flash it till it says "install completed"

Ringtone Workaround

or
download Ringtone.apk into /system /app with a file manger, set permissions to rw-r-r and restart

or

Look in [POLL][FAQ][Discussion] Kit Kat 4.4 / CM 11 for Galaxy S [i9000][i9001][M110S] for FAQ on Kit Kat

thanks.jpg

If you are using XDA App or Tapatalk, long press on the post and select :good: Thanks
couldnt download the rom file,it says file is deleted in "mediafire",wat to do? can u provide some other way to download the file,thanks in advance

Nazarghhh

Dec 26, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
please help....

prob lems when flashing cwm screen turns blue... the roms all worked fine but still in blue screen... any solution to this please help,thank you

benz234

Jan 1, 2015
Hy Master... I have m110s anycall, WF07 rom and fte9k kernel (i use it because INTERNAL SDCARD DAMAGED ?). Can i flash kit kat rom? and how to root my device??? Please help me? and sorry with my english.

Sent from my Smartfren Andromax AD682H using XDA Free mobile app

Nazarghhh

Dec 26, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
please help....

Hi, I'm sch2307, one of the developers working on the KitKat for SHW-M110S project. :)
First, we would like to show our appriciation on your care for writing down this tutorial.
This will help noobies and saving our time and pour more efforts on our development :)

I'm here to share the source code for our project; https://github.com/sch2307/android_kernel_samsung_aries-kor

We're also working on bringing Galaxy S Hoppin(SHW-M190S) to join the fun :)

Thanks! :good:

any solution for the blue screen caused during flashing of cwm??? everything runs well,rom is smooth without any problem accept for the blue screen... please help :)

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 AM ----------

I have the same problem bro. My Phone got blue tinted screen after i flash the recovery so i go back to gingerbread WF07. I tried so many tricks to fix it but nothing's work. Let me know if you already fix it and share your fix. Thanks :)

hi bro... did u find any solution for this yet?

---------- Post added at 12:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

will jelly bean work in shw m 110s? pls help.

i'm currently running JB on my m110s... it works well no problem :)

benz234

Jan 1, 2015
Flash again with repair kit bro :)

benz234

Jan 1, 2015
Try another roms include kernel. ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Warning!!! & Reminder

- @arter97
    - @sktjdgns1189
    - @sch2307

RR Kit Kat Version 5.0.1
    @westcrip
    @xenon92
    @rodman01

Ringtone Workaround

or

or

thanks.jpg

Thanks !

Hi, I'm sch2307, one of the developers working on the KitKat for SHW-M110S project. :)
    First, we would like to show our appriciation on your care for writing down this tutorial.
    This will help noobies and saving our time and pour more efforts on our development :)

I'm here to share the source code for our project; https://github.com/sch2307/android_kernel_samsung_aries-kor

We're also working on bringing Galaxy S Hoppin(SHW-M190S) to join the fun :)

Thanks! :good:
    I am currently trying to include the kernel in the rom from source and build it together into one rom zip. Its not so easy for me, got lots of error, but I hope i can get it. If everything build how I like it to have and coregapps are added again, this should be an almost usual flashable rom zip. The ringtone and sound problems should be solved, but how the other questions will be answered we will see :)...
    If I cannot build it together, I will try to build a stand alone kernel zip, hopefully flashable via cwm.
    i cannot understand could please explain in detail the method im in need please help

Look, here's the process.
    1. Make sure you have the gingerbread rom(wf07).
    2. Put your phone in download mode and connect it to odin.
    3. Flash the gingerbread rom via odin.
    4. Now you will have gingerbread rom.
    5. Then again, put your phone in download mode and do the process that is given to flash the kitkat rom.

Great Tutorial!! :good: many thanks for it and many thanks for testing our first Resurrection Remix Rom for the M110S, which has core gapps included. I just opened a new thread where you can find screenshots and download links, as well as more information: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=50215702. And it should also work well with M190S, as M110S and M190S are pretty much the same.