Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,879 Members 43,738 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Reverting back to MDK from rooted MK2

Tip us?

HipHopIsLyfe37
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Question [Q] Reverting back to MDK from rooted MK2

I have a Verizon S4, rooted with safe root, Safestrap installed, running MK2 Hyperdrive ROM. I was wondering if there is anyway to get back to complete stock MDK where I can root and install a custom recovery like I would on any other Android phone? I really want to install the GPE ROM and other AOSP/Vanilla android ROMS. I have a lot of rooting and customizing experience from previous Android phones, but this is the first one on Verizon, instead of Sprint, that I've had and its more locked down than anything I've had also.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks!

klabit87
Old
Thanks Meter 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by HipHopIsLyfe37 View Post
I have a Verizon S4, rooted with safe root, Safestrap installed, running MK2 Hyperdrive ROM. I was wondering if there is anyway to get back to complete stock MDK where I can root and install a custom recovery like I would on any other Android phone? I really want to install the GPE ROM and other AOSP/Vanilla android ROMS. I have a lot of rooting and customizing experience from previous Android phones, but this is the first one on Verizon, instead of Sprint, that I've had and its more locked down than anything I've had also.

Thanks!
There is no way to downgrade to mdk at all.
If that were a possibility I'm pretty sure there wouldn't be so many people on safestrap recovery.
If I have helped please hit the thanks button!
------------------------------------------------------
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4
Rom: [ROM] Eclipse S4 TW - v4.0.2 (6/25/14) - Real AOSP styling!! KitKat has arrived!!!
Recovery: [RECOVERY LOCKED] Safestrap Recovery v3.71/v3.72 [2014-04-02 KK Beta]
Bootloader: MJ7
The Following User Says Thank You to klabit87 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mistertac
Old
Thanks Meter 1403

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

Thanks!

Having a Sprint and Verizon phone I know what your going through right now.... Total opposite on Verizon than what you've been used to. Here's a good place to start with info for our phones http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=49334432

It'd be great if we could just use Chainfire to root these phones and then Odin a recovery on but no dice. Big red and ATT are bootloader Nazis

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

decaturbob
Old
Thanks Meter 804
Quote:

Thanks!

never jump into the water without checking first...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2606501
so long Verizon and my awesome S4 , hello TMO G3

HipHopIsLyfe37
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Thanks for the info guys. I've got more time to mess around with this stuff now that school and finals are done so I will definitely be taking a closer look

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app