[Q] Reverting back to MDK from rooted MK2

OP HipHopIsLyfe37

22nd May 2014, 03:06 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Moline
Thanks Meter: 3

120 posts
More
I have a Verizon S4, rooted with safe root, Safestrap installed, running MK2 Hyperdrive ROM. I was wondering if there is anyway to get back to complete stock MDK where I can root and install a custom recovery like I would on any other Android phone? I really want to install the GPE ROM and other AOSP/Vanilla android ROMS. I have a lot of rooting and customizing experience from previous Android phones, but this is the first one on Verizon, instead of Sprint, that I've had and its more locked down than anything I've had also.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks!
22nd May 2014, 03:31 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 179

551 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HipHopIsLyfe37

I have a Verizon S4, rooted with safe root, Safestrap installed, running MK2 Hyperdrive ROM. I was wondering if there is anyway to get back to complete stock MDK where I can root and install a custom recovery like I would on any other Android phone? I really want to install the GPE ROM and other AOSP/Vanilla android ROMS. I have a lot of rooting and customizing experience from previous Android phones, but this is the first one on Verizon, instead of Sprint, that I've had and its more locked down than anything I've had also.

Thanks!

There is no way to downgrade to mdk at all.
If that were a possibility I'm pretty sure there wouldn't be so many people on safestrap recovery.
The Following User Says Thank You to klabit87 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd May 2014, 09:42 AM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Springfield, Ma
Thanks Meter: 2,272

4,295 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks!

Having a Sprint and Verizon phone I know what your going through right now.... Total opposite on Verizon than what you've been used to. Here's a good place to start with info for our phones http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=49334432

It'd be great if we could just use Chainfire to root these phones and then Odin a recovery on but no dice. Big red and ATT are bootloader Nazis

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
22nd May 2014, 12:04 PM   |  #4  
Flag Decatur
Thanks Meter: 834

2,453 posts
Quote:

Thanks!

never jump into the water without checking first...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2606501
22nd May 2014, 04:41 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Moline
Thanks Meter: 3

120 posts
More
Thanks for the info guys. I've got more time to mess around with this stuff now that school and finals are done so I will definitely be taking a closer look

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread