LG G3 Receives Oversharpening Fix via Modified Kernel

Nothing is perfect, as they say. No matter how alluring or seemingly perfect, … more

APKTool Updated with Android Lollipop Support

One of the beauties of Android is the level of flexibility we have over our devices. Whether … more

Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

MF3?

OP optimusv45

22nd May 2014, 05:12 PM   |  #11  
OP Senior Member
Huntington, WV
Thanks Meter: 239

1,056 posts
More
I just read this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2692825 a little bit more. Can you guys tell me if I'm comprehending all these right. So step 2 gets me to MK2 bootloader from NB1 that I currently have. And with the MK2 bootloader I'm able to use the 4.3 root methods indicated in the thread. What's preventing 4.4.2 from being rooted isnt kitkat itself but the NB1 bootloader that came with it through ota, because from the look of it after MK2 "downgrade" I'll still have kitkat?
Step 5, if my final goal isn't just to have stock rooted can I flash a rom of my choice here instead of the stock rom indicated in the thread ? If I am able to just flash another rom in step 5, will I still need the stock kernel in step 6 ? Thank you thank you

Edit: step 3 indicates nb1 safetrap but would I have already "downgraded" to Mk2 tho ?
Last edited by optimusv45; 22nd May 2014 at 05:27 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread