Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,373 Members 47,714 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

TW versus AOSP ROMs

Tip us?

dante32278
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 327
Default TW versus AOSP ROMs

Hi all, I have been using the galaxy series since E4G and have used both stock based ROMs and AOSP based. I am currently on Sac's ROM 3 and have been curious about running AOSP on my gs4. So anyone that that has made the change to AOSP, did you miss any features only available to TW based ROMs? Like the stock camera? Or calendar app? I use Nova Launcher so I don't really care about the TW launcher.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

flashback7
Old
Thanks Meter 1324
I actually prefer the stock camera and calendar in aosp over tw.[emoji3] I'm a huge aosp fan and always used those type of roms. There are so many 3rd party apps out now for those who don't prefer aosp stock gapps..

jflte/LS 3.1/Pokernel
Sprint-Moto X/stock rooted 4.4.4/TWRP 2.7.1.1
The Following User Says Thank You to flashback7 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

8er
Old
Thanks Meter 15
The ## dialer diag features in ASOP ROMs is often missing, and perhaps was missing in every ASOP ROM evaluated to date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dante32278 View Post
Hi all, I have been using the galaxy series since E4G and have used both stock based ROMs and AOSP based. I am currently on Sac's ROM 3 and have been curious about running AOSP on my gs4. So anyone that that has made the change to AOSP, did you miss any features only available to TW based ROMs? Like the stock camera? Or calendar app? I use Nova Launcher so I don't really care about the TW launcher.

sah0724
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I installed cm11 and the voicemail feature was missing, I prefer touchwiz due to more completeness but asop seems a bit quicker with less lag, you won't have the camera with touchwiz due to software optimization.

flashback7
Old
Thanks Meter 1324
Check these pictures out. I took them using aosp camera that's in PA gapps. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2758046 To me its just as good as tw cam. If you use Banks's gapps gives you the Google cam with photosphere and other cool effects.. Then there are tons of apps that can tweak different things..

Sprint-Moto X/stock rooted 4.4.4/TWRP 2.7.1.1

Aweshocked
Old
Thanks Meter 23

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashback7 View Post
Check these pictures out. I took them using aosp camera that's in PA gapps. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2758046 To me its just as good as tw cam. If you use Banks's gapps gives you the Google cam with photosphere and other cool effects.. Then there are tons of apps that can tweak different things..

How'd youd get that good quality, im on aosp and mine dont ever seem that great

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Free mobile app

daniel4653
Old
Thanks Meter 2629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aweshocked View Post
How'd youd get that good quality, im on aosp and mine dont ever seem that great

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Free mobile app
My guess is just daylight. I've had AOSP camera take pics as good as touchwiz but ONLY outside during the day. Indoors with florescent lights or at night never came out as good.

Team Kernelizers: Making the best out of your phone