Samsung Galaxy S4 also Receives Android Lollipop Port

Once upon a time, when the original Samsung Galaxy S was just a dream for most XDA … more

How to Control Both Moto G and Moto E LEDs

Notification LEDs offer a great way to check for notification at a glance on the Moto G (2013) and … more

LG G3 Receives Oversharpening Fix via Modified Kernel

Nothing is perfect, as they say. No matter how alluring or seemingly perfect, … more

APKTool Updated with Android Lollipop Support

One of the beauties of Android is the level of flexibility we have over our devices. Whether … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

TW versus AOSP ROMs

OP dante32278

19th May 2014, 07:21 AM   |  #1  
dante32278's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 327
 
1,035 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
Hi all, I have been using the galaxy series since E4G and have used both stock based ROMs and AOSP based. I am currently on Sac's ROM 3 and have been curious about running AOSP on my gs4. So anyone that that has made the change to AOSP, did you miss any features only available to TW based ROMs? Like the stock camera? Or calendar app? I use Nova Launcher so I don't really care about the TW launcher.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
19th May 2014, 02:30 PM   |  #2  
flashback7's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag San Antonio Texas
Thanks Meter: 1,368
 
2,793 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
I actually prefer the stock camera and calendar in aosp over tw.[emoji3] I'm a huge aosp fan and always used those type of roms. There are so many 3rd party apps out now for those who don't prefer aosp stock gapps..

jflte/LS 3.1/Pokernel
The Following User Says Thank You to flashback7 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st May 2014, 08:10 AM   |  #3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
64 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
The ## dialer diag features in ASOP ROMs is often missing, and perhaps was missing in every ASOP ROM evaluated to date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dante32278

Hi all, I have been using the galaxy series since E4G and have used both stock based ROMs and AOSP based. I am currently on Sac's ROM 3 and have been curious about running AOSP on my gs4. So anyone that that has made the change to AOSP, did you miss any features only available to TW based ROMs? Like the stock camera? Or calendar app? I use Nova Launcher so I don't really care about the TW launcher.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

21st May 2014, 04:20 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
210 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
I installed cm11 and the voicemail feature was missing, I prefer touchwiz due to more completeness but asop seems a bit quicker with less lag, you won't have the camera with touchwiz due to software optimization.
21st May 2014, 06:19 PM   |  #5  
flashback7's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag San Antonio Texas
Thanks Meter: 1,368
 
2,793 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Check these pictures out. I took them using aosp camera that's in PA gapps. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2758046 To me its just as good as tw cam. If you use Banks's gapps gives you the Google cam with photosphere and other cool effects.. Then there are tons of apps that can tweak different things..

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
22nd May 2014, 03:52 PM   |  #6  
Aweshocked's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Paterson
Thanks Meter: 23
 
146 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashback7

Check these pictures out. I took them using aosp camera that's in PA gapps. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2758046 To me its just as good as tw cam. If you use Banks's gapps gives you the Google cam with photosphere and other cool effects.. Then there are tons of apps that can tweak different things..

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

How'd youd get that good quality, im on aosp and mine dont ever seem that great

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Free mobile app
22nd May 2014, 05:14 PM   |  #7  
daniel4653's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Southern California
Thanks Meter: 2,713
 
8,416 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aweshocked

How'd youd get that good quality, im on aosp and mine dont ever seem that great

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Free mobile app

My guess is just daylight. I've had AOSP camera take pics as good as touchwiz but ONLY outside during the day. Indoors with florescent lights or at night never came out as good.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes