Sony Extends AOSP Project to the Xperia Z3

While most OEMs simply don’t care about the custom ROM community, others are doing an … more

How Open Source Can Help Your Project w/ Ethan Yonker – BABBQ2014

People have finally recovered from this years Big Android BBQ … more

Add Frequency Bands to Your Qualcomm Device

Those of you who travel quite a bit undoubtedly own more than one device due to frequency band … more

More Android 5.0 Details Revealed, Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker – XDA TV

Google talks more about Android 5.0 Lollipop! That and much … more

[Q] I canīt install roms

OP winqzero

28th March 2014, 05:55 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hello everybody,

I need help with my HTC vivid device, I can't install roms,

many time I tried to finish to install any rom,the device only show on the boot screen the HTC LOGO and the white background, no more...

the only rom that i can install is a original rom from the Ruu's source... I have my rooted phone ... always showme on the recovery screen a error called '' a eMMC error '' example: E: can't (mount , writte, whatever) on emmc/bklpl09 ) more or less is a error ..

I need fix it problem , please helpme
31st March 2014, 12:47 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 20

170 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by winqzero

Hello everybody,

many time I tried to finish to install any rom,the device only show on the boot screen the HTC LOGO and the white background, no more...

the only rom that i can install is a original rom from the Ruu's source... I have my rooted phone ... always showme on the recovery screen a error called '' a eMMC error '' example: E: can't (mount , writte, whatever) on emmc/bklpl09 ) more or less is a error ..

Just verifying: are you are always flashing a new boot.img using fastboot whenflashing a new rom?
20th May 2014, 03:45 AM   |  #3  
Flag Odessa
Thanks Meter: 13

59 posts
More
Quote:

Hello everybody,

Some time when your downloaded rom is corrupted you could get that kind of error. Sometime the recovery program could not access the extSD card you could get it too.
After you download the rom check whether it is corrupted or not. Some rom developer posted their md5 for their rom. In that case check the md5.
You could transfer the file to internal storage if you think your extSD card has an error.
Do the clean install every time ( wipe/factory reset, wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache, etc..)
When I upgrade my vivid to CM 11 from CM 10 I had to flash it twice to work.
21st May 2014, 12:59 AM   |  #4  
Flag Berea, KY
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
More
Quote:

Hello everybody,

Is your HTC-Vivid fully rooted? A fully rooted Vivid will show "S-OFF" at the HBOOT screen. (HBOOT is the screen that comes up when you hold DOWN VOLUME and POWER).

If your Vivid is "S-ON" you will need to be sure to flash the boot.img file using flashboot with every ROM install. If you are S-ON, are you flashing the boot.img from the ROM you are trying to install?
21st May 2014, 03:42 PM   |  #5  

170 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dat-hero-guy

Is your HTC-Vivid fully rooted? A fully rooted Vivid will show "S-OFF" at the HBOOT screen. (HBOOT is the screen that comes up when you hold DOWN VOLUME and POWER).

If your Vivid is "S-ON" you will need to be sure to flash the boot.img file using flashboot with every ROM install. If you are S-ON, are you flashing the boot.img from the ROM you are trying to install?

While you are correct about needing to flash boot.IMG while you are s-on, being s-off or on has nothing to do with rooting your phone. It is a completely different thing, and only required to modify partitions of your phone which could cause a hard brick if you do something wrong.

Sent from my Vivid 4G using XDA Free mobile app
21st May 2014, 11:43 PM   |  #6  
Flag Berea, KY
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectisaac

While you are correct about needing to flash boot.IMG while you are s-on, being s-off or on has nothing to do with rooting your phone. It is a completely different thing, and only required to modify partitions of your phone which could cause a hard brick if you do something wrong.

Really? I was told that certain ROM features wouldn't function without access to the secure partition. Hardware stuff like over/underclocking. Is that not true?
22nd May 2014, 04:18 PM   |  #7  

170 posts
More
Over clocking and underclocking have nothing to do with s-off. Besides mucking with the radio, the only things that s-off really let you do is easily unlock your sim, and make a new boot screen (for example, I have a picture of the crab nebula instead of an HTC splash screen). And of course automatically and directly flash the kernel (boot.IMG) from the zip file your ROM is in.

The Following User Says Thank You to projectisaac For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread