Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more
Post Reply

[Q] About to buy HTC ONE, few questions.

OP Jheysus

22nd May 2014, 03:45 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
40 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
Hi guys, I'm about to buy a second hand HTC ONE but I heard that trhe camera has a defect, purple tint.

-How can I check if it does have the defect?
-Is it something that happens over time?
-Is there anything I should know before I make this purchase?

Thank you!
22nd May 2014, 03:55 PM   |  #2  
davebugyi's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dolinka
Thanks Meter: 394
 
2,335 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
Donate to Me
More
Basically everything can be found in this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2465651
If it has the faulty sensor, it'll produce purple images (try covering the lens or use dark environment.
22nd May 2014, 04:07 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
40 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebugyi

Basically everything can be found in this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2465651
If it has the faulty sensor, it'll produce purple images (try covering the lens or use dark environment.

Thank you for replying, this is bad. I'm really reluctant to buy this second hand phone now. Does it happen over time or do some devices just come with it?
22nd May 2014, 04:12 PM   |  #4  
davebugyi's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dolinka
Thanks Meter: 394
 
2,335 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
Donate to Me
More
Depends on when it was made and probably market region. But in the thread I posted there are instructions how to check it.
I never checked mine, because it's easy to tell that I have a faulty one
22nd May 2014, 04:16 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
40 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebugyi

Depends on when it was made and probably market region. But in the thread I posted there are instructions how to check it.
I never checked mine, because it's easy to tell that I have a faulty one

Okay, thanks. Is there anything else I should know?
22nd May 2014, 04:34 PM   |  #6  
kartik.kayz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 31
 
244 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jheysus

Hi guys, I'm about to buy a second hand HTC ONE but I heard that trhe camera has a defect, purple tint.

-How can I check if it does have the defect?
-Is it something that happens over time?
-Is there anything I should know before I make this purchase?

Thank you!

Buy it from eBay. If it comes with a faulty camera you can easily get your money back.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes