Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,193 Members 36,594 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Music pauses for every notification

Tip us?

SleemLDJ
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 445
Default [Q] Music pauses for every notification

Hey guys.

It bugs me to the core when I'm listening to music and it always has to pause for 2 secs whenever any notification comes in.

As a normal music player or OS will behave, it should fade the music a little bit and notification plays on top.

It gets more annoying when notifications are constant. E.G listening to music and chatting on WhatsApp.

Is there anything, mod, tweak that I can apply to make music only fade when notifications come, not pause for 2-3 seconds?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Current: OnePlus One
Retired:Nokia N70, Nokia N91, Nokia E71, Nokia E90, Nokia N97, Nokia N900, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, HTC Sensation XE, Samsung GNEX, iPhone 4S, Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC One X, Nexus 4, HTC OneM7, Sony Xperia Z, Sony Xperia Z1, Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

ingenious247
Old
Thanks Meter 569
When streaming Google All Access, it only slightly lowers the volume and plays the notification sound on top, as you are stating that it should be doing

My guess is that it has something to do with whatever app you're using.

SleemLDJ
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by ingenious247 View Post
When streaming Google All Access, it only slightly lowers the volume and plays the notification sound on top, as you are stating that it should be doing

My guess is that it has something to do with whatever app you're using.
Yes. Thats what I mean it should be doing. To lower the music (fadel) then refocus on the music after notification sound.

Hmm. I'd test that but I dont have Google music access.

However, when I use Spotify, it fades the music and refocus on it after the notification sound. Pandora as well.

Its the Samsung music player that won't do the same.

Retired:Nokia N70, Nokia N91, Nokia E71, Nokia E90, Nokia N97, Nokia N900, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, HTC Sensation XE, Samsung GNEX, iPhone 4S, Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC One X, Nexus 4, HTC OneM7, Sony Xperia Z, Sony Xperia Z1, Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

K Dotty
Old
Thanks Meter 359
I hate this aswell, happens to me with poweramp

Handwritten from my Note 3

\/ Click thanks instead of posting it, Keep the thread clean \/:P

ShadowLea
Old
Thanks Meter 798
Turn the system sounds to vibrate or silent. Not exactly convenient, but it's better than nothing.

I hate this as well, I'd rather just that it played the notification through the music without silencing it at all.
SM-N9005 International Galaxy Note 3, DBT NB7 Stock
SM-G900F International Galaxy S5, PHN NCE Stock
SM-P905 NotePro 12.2 LTE Black, DBT NC3 Stock

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. –Chinese Proverb

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

The simplest solutions are often the cleverest. They are also usually wrong.

0v3rl04d
Old
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Try Tasker. It's wonderful for automate any task you want
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 0v3rl04d For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SleemLDJ
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 445
It happens on all the players I've tried. This is touchwiz in action. I will try tasker and see what I can come up with.