Ask a question

No registration required

No power button no screenshot? Need some help

OP Helgaiden

16th May 2014, 06:18 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

138 posts
Alright so I gave my One S (on jelly bean) to my girlfriend a few months ago after she dropped her Nexus 4 in the toilet. Fast forward to now, and the power button is not working anymore. The plunger thing that presses into the microswitch broke off somehow. I got an app that can shut the screen off and another app that lets me use the volume buttons to wake up the phone (this one seems to have impacted battery life a little bit as its a persistent service that runs). Anyways, she asks me what to do now about screenshots and I figure a software method might work. Wrong. Nothing I can find in the play store worked, complaining of no root or invalid method or something like that. Ok, I figure i'll root it. Nope, cant do the power button + volume button combos to get into recovery mode or any of that.

So now what? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
16th May 2014, 07:14 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 590

3,105 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helgaiden

Alright so I gave my One S (on jelly bean) to my girlfriend a few months ago after she dropped her Nexus 4 in the toilet. Fast forward to now, and the power button is not working anymore. The plunger thing that presses into the microswitch broke off somehow. I got an app that can shut the screen off and another app that lets me use the volume buttons to wake up the phone (this one seems to have impacted battery life a little bit as its a persistent service that runs). Anyways, she asks me what to do now about screenshots and I figure a software method might work. Wrong. Nothing I can find in the play store worked, complaining of no root or invalid method or something like that. Ok, I figure i'll root it. Nope, cant do the power button + volume button combos to get into recovery mode or any of that.

So now what? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...creenshot.lite

This might work. Most of the 1 star ratings are from people that can take screenshots normally so don't understand the point of the app. But yea, you're out of luck with rooting if your bootloader isn't unlocked already. And if it isn't, you can't because you need the power button to select the agreement for the unlock.
22nd May 2014, 07:31 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

138 posts
Not a big fan of having to redo the hack any time the phone is restarted. Oh well. Is there a toolkit based one click root solution by any chance?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread