Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,674 Members 37,906 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Looking for Charging Port Connector

Tip us?

KenDawg78
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Looking for Charging Port Connector

So I really messed up my phone. The phone wouldn't charge. After doing some research, I learned that the charging port can become faulty and needs to be replaced. I tried to solder it off using this method (YouTube: Samsung Galaxy S3 Charging Port Replacement Model numbers i9300 i535 i747 l710 r530 t999). (Sorry, xda won't let me put the link in this message) However, that made it even worse. I then got a heat gun and tried to remove it off that way. Long story short, I think I fried the charging port connector. I know, I know...I'm an idiot. So instead of just replacing that little metal charging port, I now need to replace the entire charging piece (sorry, don't know what to call it). Does anyone know where I can buy one? I see a bunch I can buy for the SII and for the Note but I don't see any on Amazon or Ebay for the SIII. Can anyone help a brother out and point me in the right direction? I hate to have to buy a new phone. Thanks.

Perseus71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3685

DONATE TO ME
You might find it easier to get a working motherboard from Craigslist or Ebay or such. Don't bother doing just one piece.

Do please make sure beforehand that the IMEI of the new Board has not been blocked by Carrier (Both ATT 7 TMO) as Stolen or such.
The Following User Says Thank You to Perseus71 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5479

DONATE TO ME
Dont limit yourself to just craigslist ebay and amazon either. There are online stores such as etrade supply that have just about any part you could need. A lot are in China though so make sure you use one that is in the US. Etrade supply is based in china/hk, but recently opened warehouses here, so shipping from them shouldnt take a month! There are others, you just have to search.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk