Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,552 Members 47,541 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Frustrated, bricked - Hipstreet Titan-A

Tip us?

cmstlist
Old
(Last edited by cmstlist; 22nd May 2014 at 03:34 AM.)
Thanks Meter 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarod997 View Post
adb backup
The adb backup command doesn't back up the system files. Unless there's some other way to use it that I'm not aware of?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Jarod997
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmstlist View Post
The adb backup command doesn't back up the system files. Unless there's some other way to use it that I'm not aware of?

Aw crap, really? The cutting board a-la-iPad commercial is sounding like such a good idea at the moment.

On the good tablet I could get in the shell - "adb shell", and then "su", but then what? How do you copy all the files off the system through the USB onto the computer from the shell? For whatever reason (and I dislike ADB for this) I could not do "adb pull /* /destination-folder/*" - it kept saying that it was skipping a lot of files. Or otherwise if I was trying other variations on commands and parameters, adb would just spew its help page - never mind telling me what's wrong with the command I just entered.

Why, oh why, is it so hard to take a copy of a good working OS and put it on to another tablet?

But, make you a deal - help me get a good system image off this working tablet and I'll toss it to ya.

cmstlist
Old
Thanks Meter 480
If you can find the right mount points on the partition table got may be able to make a system dump using dd. But restoring it I have no idea since there's no custom recovery available for this tablet.