FORUMS

OnePlus Addresses Reservation List Cheating

Jake Cooper figured out how to bump his place up on OnePlus’ reservation list and … more

OnePlus 2 Benchmark Scores Show Its Muscle

This video by FoneArena contains all the popular benchmarks being tested on the OnePlus 2, … more

Sony’s Emergence in The Middle: Is The Price Right?

Sony’s Electronics Division is not in its best days, and its smartphone … more

HTC Delivering Ads Straight to Sense Home

HTC’s 2015 has been a year marked by a desperate search for revenue.The HTC One M9 … more

[Q] Frustrated, bricked - Hipstreet Titan-A

7 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Jarod997, Junior Member on 12th January 2014, 03:17 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
22nd May 2014, 03:30 AM |#11  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 515

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarod997

adb backup

The adb backup command doesn't back up the system files. Unless there's some other way to use it that I'm not aware of?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Last edited by cmstlist; 22nd May 2014 at 03:34 AM.

22nd May 2014, 02:12 PM |#12  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs down
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmstlist

The adb backup command doesn't back up the system files. Unless there's some other way to use it that I'm not aware of?

Aw crap, really? The cutting board a-la-iPad commercial is sounding like such a good idea at the moment.

On the good tablet I could get in the shell - "adb shell", and then "su", but then what? How do you copy all the files off the system through the USB onto the computer from the shell? For whatever reason (and I dislike ADB for this) I could not do "adb pull /* /destination-folder/*" - it kept saying that it was skipping a lot of files. Or otherwise if I was trying other variations on commands and parameters, adb would just spew its help page - never mind telling me what's wrong with the command I just entered.

Why, oh why, is it so hard to take a copy of a good working OS and put it on to another tablet?

But, make you a deal - help me get a good system image off this working tablet and I'll toss it to ya.
22nd May 2014, 08:17 PM |#13  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 515

More
If you can find the right mount points on the partition table got may be able to make a system dump using dd. But restoring it I have no idea since there's no custom recovery available for this tablet.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread