Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,742 Members 37,630 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Root VZW Note 3 on OTA 4.4??

Tip us?

ForeverZ3RO
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Phone [Q] Root VZW Note 3 on OTA 4.4??

Just wondering if it's possible to root the Note 3 on VZW. I'm running the OTA 4.4.2 and would very much like to root.
I've a lot of experience rooting and flashing the Droid X2 and RAZR, but this is my first Samsung device. I know a little about the
Knox Sensor and I'm fine if it trips, although I'd rather not if possible. Thanks for the help in advance and if you need anymore information, please ask. Thanks again.

airmaxx23
Old
Thanks Meter 946
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverZ3RO View Post
Just wondering if it's possible to root the Note 3 on VZW. I'm running the OTA 4.4.2 and would very much like to root.
I've a lot of experience rooting and flashing the Droid X2 and RAZR, but this is my first Samsung device. I know a little about the
Knox Sensor and I'm fine if it trips, although I'd rather not if possible. Thanks for the help in advance and if you need anymore information, please ask. Thanks again.
There currently is no working root method and you can not use Odin to go back to a previous rootable build.
*** Please don't forget to hit the "Thanks" button if someone has helped you ***

"I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in-between is mine"
The Following User Says Thank You to airmaxx23 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ForeverZ3RO
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by airmaxx23 View Post
There currently is no working root method and you can not use Odin to go back to a previous rootable build.
Thanks for the quick answer.
Any idea on a time frame when a method would be available?

airmaxx23
Old
Thanks Meter 946
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverZ3RO View Post
Thanks for the quick answer.
Any idea on a time frame when a method would be available?
I have no idea and I haven't really seen much chatter about a working method yet.
*** Please don't forget to hit the "Thanks" button if someone has helped you ***

"I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in-between is mine"
The Following User Says Thank You to airmaxx23 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
4.4, knox, ota, root, vzw