Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,817 Members 53,734 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Galaxy s3 model...sgh-m909??? Tmobile

Tip us?

papajo247
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Galaxy s3 model...sgh-m909??? Tmobile

Bought this samsung galaxy s3 on ebay. It was listed as Tmobile model sgh-t999. but after i received it I noticed the model number is sgh-m909. Icant find this model number anywhere. I dont know how to root it. It has been modified before and I keep getting the nfortunately, com.sec.androidapp.FlashBarService has stopped...every time i recieve a call. I would like to root this phone and start anew but cantfind any info on this particular model. Any ideas??? Thanks

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 461

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by papajo247 View Post
Bought this samsung galaxy s3 on ebay. It was listed as Tmobile model sgh-t999. but after i received it I noticed the model number is sgh-m909. Icant find this model number anywhere. I dont know how to root it. It has been modified before and I keep getting the nfortunately, com.sec.androidapp.FlashBarService has stopped...every time i recieve a call. I would like to root this phone and start anew but cantfind any info on this particular model. Any ideas??? Thanks
http://www.tmonews.com/tag/m909/

But that's pretty much the only reference I've found. The firmware isn't listed on sammobile.com nor any other info. Might be risky to root without having the firmware available. Can you post the other info like build version, baseband version, etc?
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s and check out my site: http://mobilemojo5280.com for more info!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / ? (One+1 maybe...)

papajo247
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
But that's pretty much the only reference I've found. The firmware isn't listed on sammobile.com nor any other info. Might be risky to root without having the firmware available. Can you post the other info like build version, baseband version, etc?[/QUOTE]

I no longer have access to that info. I went to far with the rooting flashing attemtps and now get the "Firmaware upgrade encountered an issue.Please select recovery mode in keys and try again. w/yellow triangle. Im a ...Kies doesnt connect to device...it tries for a while with no luck.

es0tericcha0s
Old
(Last edited by es0tericcha0s; 22nd May 2014 at 07:21 PM.)
Thanks Meter 461

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by papajo247 View Post
But that's pretty much the only reference I've found. The firmware isn't listed on sammobile.com nor any other info. Might be risky to root without having the firmware available. Can you post the other info like build version, baseband version, etc?
I no longer have access to that info. I went to far with the rooting flashing attemtps and now get the "Firmaware upgrade encountered an issue.Please select recovery mode in keys and try again. w/yellow triangle. Im a ...Kies doesnt connect to device...it tries for a while with no luck.[/QUOTE]

Yea...It's risky to try and mod a phone that you don't know what it is or even if there is firmware available. Think you're in for a long road to recovery if it is possible at all... I'm pretty certain it's not an S3 though, unless it was a special demo model. I've seen or read about every other variant of the S3 and have never heard or seen this model anywhere. There are only 2 S3 T-Mobile variants - t999 and t999l.
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s and check out my site: http://mobilemojo5280.com for more info!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / ? (One+1 maybe...)

papajo247
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for your help Just have to make the best of it.