Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,785 Members 45,966 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ota] [international] 2.18.401.3

Tip us?

vbjelic
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I installed this update but I can not see any diference...

Kitof
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankoid View Post
That only installs part of the update. You also need to extract the downloaded .zip file and flash the firmware.zip (see instructions 4-7 in http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2414238). Flashing firmware.zip is a pain because you have to relock your bootloader, and then when you unlock it again (to reflash custom recovery) your entire phone is wiped, so you need to backup the whole 64GB before starting the process and restore it afterwards.

However, there is no hboot in the 2.18.401.3 firmware.zip so for this OTA in particular you just need to extract the boot.img from firmware.zip and flash it with
Code:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
which doesn't require a wipe.

Thanks for the explanation.

But i'm still a lit bit confused. My HOX+ is rooted with latest stock ROM. Can i use the OTA classic process or do i have to use TWRP ?

frankoid
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitof View Post
My HOX+ is rooted with latest stock ROM. Can i use the OTA classic process or do i have to use TWRP ?
Have you unlocked your bootloader?* If so I don't think that the standard OTA process will work, although I haven't personally tried it.

*I expect you have if you are rooted because I'm not aware of a way of rooting a S-ON HOX+ without unlocking the bootloader
The Following User Says Thank You to frankoid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gokun
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Just to be clear, this file is only for the international HOX+ and attempting to install it on the AT&T variety would cause all hell to break lose, correct?
Also, if one were to install this on a custom, rooted rom the process would be to flash the boot.img then install the zip from twrp/cwm?
I just want to be certain I'm understanding everything. Thanks!

frankoid
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by gokun View Post
Just to be clear, this file is only for the international HOX+ and attempting to install it on the AT&T variety would cause all hell to break lose, correct?
Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by gokun View Post
Also, if one were to install this on a custom, rooted rom the process would be to flash the boot.img then install the zip from twrp/cwm?
...and yes!

Kitof
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankoid View Post
Have you unlocked your bootloader?* If so I don't think that the standard OTA process will work, although I haven't personally tried it.

*I expect you have if you are rooted because I'm not aware of a way of rooting a S-ON HOX+ without unlocking the bootloader
Boot in TWRP : Install zip file.
Boot in fastboot : Flash boot.img.
Reboot in system => Still root (TWRP fix it before reboot), and updated.

Just perfect. (and lost apk are back (like light).

Thanks a lot

/\/\
Old
Thanks Meter 14
I think the heartbleed fix in really the only thing they changed. The 8 MP camera bug is still present. Shame on you HTC!

morbvamp
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Thank you, this was really helpful. Gonna try to go back stock when I get home.

jizang
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Can someone tell his experience with the New update what are the changes in performance

Sent from my One X+ using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

frankoid
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by jizang View Post
Can someone tell his experience with the New update what are the changes in performance

Sent from my One X+ using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I don't think there are any changes in this update except the heartbleed security fix.

Sent from my LG-V500 using XDA Free mobile app

The Following User Says Thank You to frankoid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]