Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,734 Members 40,438 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Viper one black screen

Tip us?

jkusc
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Viper one black screen

I rooted my HTC One and flashed viper one and it said it was installed sucessfully.

I get taken through the initial setup, but after that, my home screen is black and I can't do anything with my phone. Any idea what is going on and how I can fix it?

jkusc
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Also, I tried rebooting my phone and when it starts back up, it gets stuck on the viper one logo. Its been on the logo for a few minutes now....

SakreD
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I have the same issue. I tried wiping the Dalvik cache but when it rebooted it froze at: "Android is upgrading... starting apps". I turned off the power and when it turned back on it got stuck on the boot ViperOne logo screen.

Did you by any chance get an error saying "Unfortunately, setup has stopped" after the initial setup? I got that, and then the black screen. It was just the home screen that gave a black screen. I could see the lock screen, bring down the notification bar, recent apps screen, I could even get into settings within the notification bar and everything. Just the home screen that's black and not operational.

jkusc
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SakreD View Post
I have the same issue. I tried wiping the Dalvik cache but when it rebooted it froze at: "Android is upgrading... starting apps". I turned off the power and when it turned back on it got stuck on the boot ViperOne logo screen.

Did you by any chance get an error saying "Unfortunately, setup has stopped" after the initial setup? I got that, and then the black screen. It was just the home screen that gave a black screen. I could see the lock screen, bring down the notification bar, recent apps screen, I could even get into settings within the notification bar and everything. Just the home screen that's black and not operational.
FIXED!!!!!!

I did get the error saying setup has stopped. Here's what I did to fix it.

From black screen. Reboot into recovery mode. Did a full wipe of my phone (cache, dalvik, system, data, just delete everything...everything will be gone).

Unzipped viperone.zip on my computer to get the boot.img

From fastboot I used adb sideload to push the viperone.zip onto my phone and installed.

Did not reboot after install

Flashed the boot.img onto phone. Reboot.

Everythings working!

Not sure if every step I did was necesarry, but its working great now. I think it had something to do with not completely wiping before the first install. Hope it works out for you.

SakreD
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkusc View Post
FIXED!!!!!!

I did get the error saying setup has stopped. Here's what I did to fix it.

From black screen. Reboot into recovery mode. Did a full wipe of my phone (cache, dalvik, system, data, just delete everything...everything will be gone).

Unzipped viperone.zip on my computer to get the boot.img

From fastboot I used adb sideload to push the viperone.zip onto my phone and installed.

Did not reboot after install

Flashed the boot.img onto phone. Reboot.

Everythings working!

Not sure if every step I did was necesarry, but its working great now. I think it had something to do with not completely wiping before the first install. Hope it works out for you.
Oh I had already tried that and it didn't work What DID work though, was wiping and re-installing without selecting "Complete removal of sense"