[Q] Using NFC to open Local PDF file

OP moldrodger

22nd May 2014, 10:17 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hello My names Rodger and I work for a small plastics company in Alabama. we would like to use NFC tags on are molds to track setup sheet and part information. we would like to load all this information onto a android table in PDF format and use NFC tags to open the specific file for the given tool. I have look at NFC Smart Q, NFC Tagwriter and a hole bunch of other NFC writer in the Play store. BUT none of them well open a PDF file. it just opens the adobe viewer but not the PDF file. they will open a audio file, a picture file, and even a movie file but not a PDF file, Word document, or a Excel spreadsheet. Now I have look at a windows tablet and it appears to work on windows, but I would much prefer android to windows mainly because I can get a android tablet with NFC for half the cost that a windows one cost. it seams like there should be a simple way to do this.

Is there a simple way to write a URI that will open a PDF or is there an app that will do this. any help would be appreciated.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread