Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Unlocking Sim for International use (Sprint)

OP asphericaldream

18th May 2014, 12:15 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Hi,

I am going to go to brazil & Argentina in about a month and I'd like to use my Sprint Galaxy note 3 (SM-N900P) so I can use a local sim card over there. is that even possible with a CDMA phone? Do I need to root the phone to do it? What's my best option?

so far I only saw articles about unlocking to US carriers.

thank you!
19th May 2014, 05:09 AM   |  #2  
Flag Washington DC
Thanks Meter: 6

47 posts
Just call sprint so they can unlock it for international sim cards.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Free mobile app
19th May 2014, 06:15 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

10 posts
Is the best you can do call sprint i have one and i tried to unlock it with my unlock boxes and i have no luck.

Enviado desde mi iPhone con Tapatalk
19th May 2014, 06:50 PM   |  #4  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 466

736 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eljapa

Is the best you can do call sprint i have one and i tried to unlock it with my unlock boxes and i have no luck.

Enviado desde mi iPhone con Tapatalk

I've been searching through the Sprint Note 3 forums for the last 3-4 weeks and haven't found anything that can do this.

This exact question has been asked in various Q&A and General forums in the past month. OP should have posted in those instead of creating a new thread.

Regardless, in all of those threads no one has offered up anything other than calling Sprint. For the time being, it's the only "solution."

Edit: Having multiple threads for the same questions makes it difficult to find the information you're looking for. If we have one Q&A thread that has this question answered it's much easier to find that information when looking for it. If I have to open up 4 or 5 different threads just to find the one that has the answer, it's annoying. Yes, there are people like me who will do the dirty work of linking the other threads, but still, you have to look through a ton of threads to find the answer. It's much better (and easier) to "bump" an existing thread with something like the following:

Quote:

Hey all,

I have the exact same question as the OP. Is there a way to unlock the phone for international use? I know that a month ago the only way was to call Sprint. Has that changed in the last month?

Regards,
Topher

Replying to an existing thread with "bump" doesn't really add anything to the discussion and is annoying. Doing what I suggested will let others know that you actually read the original thread and understood what they said. Creating a new thread will make people like me assume that you didn't search and just want an "easy" answer. There are even those who will actively antagonize people who do this (i.e. trolls). Don't give the trolls food (by creating new posts to already asked questions) and they won't come out and troll.
Last edited by topherk; 19th May 2014 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Explaining why multiple threads is bad for the forums.
The Following User Says Thank You to topherk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd May 2014, 10:53 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Although complex and not available to people on contract, Can this be a solution???

1. Using the Sim Unlocking method for U.S carriers - Unlock your sim to another carrier ( I am thinking of trying t-mobile because of their free international data roaming).
2. switch to that carrier and port your number using your Sprint note 3.
3. have your new carrier unlock sim card.
4. optional : Switch back to Sprint.

What do you think?
22nd May 2014, 11:20 PM   |  #6  
Account currently disabled
Flag phoenix
Thanks Meter: 1,035

2,634 posts
More
Put a T-Mobile Sim card in and it says invalid Sim ... Sprint has to unlock ... no way around it

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread