Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,052 Members 40,519 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Icons for stock launcher. No root.

Tip us?
 
philliman
Old
#1  
philliman's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 195
Posts: 968
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Philly
Default Icons for stock launcher. No root.

Using this on my S5 and its a pretty light app that does one thing......changes your icons in TouchWiz home!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ent%3DR5DLBJEH

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
__________________
T-Mobile Galaxy S4
Rooted
4.3 Fully Functional Knox Free
 
tp2215
Old
(Last edited by tp2215; 22nd May 2014 at 12:08 AM.)
#2  
tp2215's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2762
Posts: 1,679
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Orlando

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by philliman View Post
Using this on my S5 and its a pretty light app that does one thing......changes your icons in TouchWiz home!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ent%3DR5DLBJEH

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Actually, the s5 has built in support for themes that (for some reason) was removed from the final version. Try this (if your rooted)...

Download the attachment below.
Put the apk in system/app folder using a file manager and reboot
Using a third party launcher, create a shortcut (normally longpress/shortcuts/activities) to the thememanagerlist activity and click!

Im working on trying to modify the launcher to include an option to launch the theme manager from the launcher settings. Unsuccessful so far though.

EDIT: you can download tons of themes that work with it by searching the note3 and s4 forums.
My Current Projects::

<------ If you like my work please hit thanks or donate!
My Devices::
Samsung Galaxy S5 -
Samsung Galaxy S3 - B&N Nook Color (Modified)
My Threads::
The Ultimate Android Ported Apps Directory!
T-Mobile Galaxy S5 Tips And Tricks Thread
 
aooga
Old
#3  
aooga's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 850
Posts: 2,897
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp2215 View Post
Actually, the s5 has built in support for themes that (for some reason) was removed from the final version. Try this (if your rooted)...

Download the attachment below.
Put the apk in system/app folder using a file manager and reboot
Using a third party launcher, create a shortcut (normally longpress/shortcuts/activities) to the thememanagerlist activity and click!

Im working on trying to modify the launcher to include an option to launch the theme manager from the launcher settings. Unsuccessful so far though.

EDIT: you can download tons of themes that work with it by searching the note3 and s4 forums.
You forgot the attachment. :P I usually never ask this, but do you have a link to the themes? I can't seem to tell which ones work with this.
 
tp2215
Old
#4  
tp2215's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2762
Posts: 1,679
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Orlando

 
DONATE TO ME
Oops sorry, here ya go https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxV...it?usp=sharing

Just search around for touchwiz themes, they are installed like normal apks. There are thread directories on the note 3 and s4 forums.
My Current Projects::

<------ If you like my work please hit thanks or donate!
My Devices::
Samsung Galaxy S5 -
Samsung Galaxy S3 - B&N Nook Color (Modified)
My Threads::
The Ultimate Android Ported Apps Directory!
T-Mobile Galaxy S5 Tips And Tricks Thread
The Following User Says Thank You to tp2215 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Skyrocket2
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 56
Posts: 273
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp2215 View Post
Actually, the s5 has built in support for themes that (for some reason) was removed from the final version. Try this (if your rooted)...

Download the attachment below.
Put the apk in system/app folder using a file manager and reboot
Using a third party launcher, create a shortcut (normally longpress/shortcuts/activities) to the thememanagerlist activity and click!

Im working on trying to modify the launcher to include an option to launch the theme manager from the launcher settings. Unsuccessful so far though.

EDIT: you can download tons of themes that work with it by searching the note3 and s4 forums.
Thanks tp for the instructions. I was looking around for this to use on my stock rom, but wasn't sure how to do this. What third party launcher do you recommend? Would Nova work? Also, I am not clear on when you said to create a shortcut (normally long press/shortcuts/activities) to the theme managerlist activity? Can you please explain?

Also, do you have a stock kernel in a flashable zip format available? Please share if you do. I want to try some kernels for the T-Mobile variant, but want to revert back to stock in case I didn't like it.

As always, thanks for all your help! Great job with the Infinity rom btw,
 
tp2215
Old
#6  
tp2215's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2762
Posts: 1,679
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Orlando

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyrocket2 View Post
Thanks tp for the instructions. I was looking around for this to use on my stock rom, but wasn't sure how to do this. What third party launcher do you recommend? Would Nova work? Also, I am not clear on when you said to create a shortcut (normally long press/shortcuts/activities) to the theme managerlist activity? Can you please explain?

Also, do you have a stock kernel in a flashable zip format available? Please share if you do. I want to try some kernels for the T-Mobile variant, but want to revert back to stock in case I didn't like it.

As always, thanks for all your help! Great job with the Infinity rom btw,
Thanks! btw, the themes app is in the rom if you are using project infinity. I just havent created a link to it in settings yet. I use Nova launcher, long press on the desktop and then select shortcuts/activities and then scroll down until you see theme manager, expand it and select the only activity that appears. It will create a shortcut on the desktop. Just click the shortcut to access the theme settings. In a future build of PI this will be built in.
My Current Projects::

<------ If you like my work please hit thanks or donate!
My Devices::
Samsung Galaxy S5 -
Samsung Galaxy S3 - B&N Nook Color (Modified)
My Threads::
The Ultimate Android Ported Apps Directory!
T-Mobile Galaxy S5 Tips And Tricks Thread
The Following User Says Thank You to tp2215 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Skyrocket2
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 56
Posts: 273
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp2215 View Post
Thanks! btw, the themes app is in the rom if you are using project infinity. I just havent created a link to it in settings yet. I use Nova launcher, long press on the desktop and then select shortcuts/activities and then scroll down until you see theme manager, expand it and select the only activity that appears. It will create a shortcut on the desktop. Just click the shortcut to access the theme settings. In a future build of PI this will be built in.
thanks for the tip. tried but the themes didn't worked for me using nova launcher. i downloaded one of themes from N3 thread and chose this theme, but it only changed the wallpapers on homescreen and lockscreen. The icons didn't get changed.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Google Chromecast Rootable Once Again!

Over the six months, theGoogle Chromecasthas gained a considerable amount of official functionality. … more

YAATA isn’t Just Another Android Texting App

Although our mobile devices today are capable of executingnearly every task we normally … more

MacroDroid Update Brings Android Wear Automation

A few months ago, we talked about MacroDroid. For those who don’t remember, MacroDroid … more

Droid X Receives KitKat Port, Upcoming Google Glass Firmware Improvements – XDA Developer TV

Android 4.4.3 lands on the European HTC … more