Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,371 Members 38,656 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

(Q) Developer Addition Device Rom & Modem

Tip us?
 
cam1pbell
Old
#1  
cam1pbell's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 76
Posts: 357
Join Date: Apr 2008
Default (Q) Developer Addition Device Rom & Modem

I've had the developer addition since it came out and only thing I've done to it is root it. I'm on stock mj3. I want to mix it up a bit. So those of you that have the Developer Device . What is your best Rom & Modem combo you have tried.

Sent From My SM-N900V Developer Addition
 
cam30era
Old
#2  
cam30era's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 413
Posts: 1,684
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Columbus, Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam1pbell View Post
I've had the developer addition since it came out and only thing I've done to it is root it. I'm on stock mj3. I want to mix it up a bit. So those of you that have the Developer Device . What is your best Rom & Modem combo you have tried.

Sent From My SM-N900V Developer Addition
MJE modem, without a doubt. ROMs are a personal choice. You need to try several and see what you like. Personally, I like CM11, but it's not for everyone. If you use your spen a lot and like the TW apps, then you won't like Cyanogenmod.
The Following User Says Thank You to cam30era For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
cam1pbell
Old
#3  
cam1pbell's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 76
Posts: 357
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam30era View Post
MJE modem, without a doubt. ROMs are a personal choice. You need to try several and see what you like. Personally, I like CM11, but it's not for everyone. If you use your spen a lot and like the TW apps, then you won't like Cyanogenmod.
I honestly don't know which roms will work. Plus I love my mj3 modem. Is there a list of developer roms somewhere. Plus how do I extract and use my mj3 modem ? Thanks for the feedback. ...

Sent From My SM-N900V Developer Addition
 
cam30era
Old
#4  
cam30era's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 413
Posts: 1,684
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Columbus, Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam1pbell View Post
I honestly don't know which roms will work. Plus I love my mj3 modem. Is there a list of developer roms somewhere. Plus how do I extract and use my mj3 modem ? Thanks for the feedback. ...

Sent From My SM-N900V Developer Addition
Any mje ROM will work. Doesn't matter if it's a DE or not. And CM11 will work. There's no list. Only about a dozen of us DE owners on the forum.
 
cam1pbell
Old
#5  
cam1pbell's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 76
Posts: 357
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam30era View Post
Any mje ROM will work. Doesn't matter if it's a DE or not. And CM11 will work. There's no list. Only about a dozen of us DE owners on the forum.
The biggest thing is the mj3 modem. For my area it's the best. I had another note 3 that I gave my wife and MJE modem sucked. I need to figure out how to extract mj3 modem so I can use it. Thanks

Sent From My SM-N900V Developer Addition
 
cam30era
Old
#6  
cam30era's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 413
Posts: 1,684
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Columbus, Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam1pbell View Post
The biggest thing is the mj3 modem. For my area it's the best. I had another note 3 that I gave my wife and MJE modem sucked. I need to figure out how to extract mj3 modem so I can use it. Thanks

Sent From My SM-N900V Developer Addition
You can stay on the mj3 modem. None of the mje custom ROMs flash the modems. Read the OP (original post) carefully and it will tell you if the package includes modem (rare) and generally if it works for DE. If you are undecided where to start, Beans 6 ROM is a good starting place.
The Following User Says Thank You to cam30era For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Fix KitKat WiFi Drops on Your Own

Despite introducing many useful features and overall great performance and enhancements,Android 4.4 KitKat … more

Bring Back Tablet UI on KitKat

Google presented their brand new UI for tablets alongsidethe release of Android 3.0 Honeycomb back in early … more

Give Your Notification Shade a Facelift with these Modding Guides

Modification has always been one of the strong suits of Android, due in … more

Keep Track of How Much Your Car Truly Costs with Car Logbook

It’s a very well established fact that cars are expensive. In addition to … more