MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more
Thread Closed

Why do obb game files get deleted in M8?

22nd May 2014, 10:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag India
Thanks Meter: 96

922 posts
I've put a game file on the M8. i dont have the game in my region so i used an apk and obb. The obb folder is shown empty after i try to play the game and check it. Games' files disappear, although still consuming space in the internal memory. I have to reformat the internal memory every time to get back that space. The obb folder is shown empty after i try to play the game and check it. There is nothing in it although i had put the game folder in it. But the space is still consumed. Can anybody help regarding this?

MINE IS A STOCK m8 UNROOTED.
Last edited by ethan3686; 22nd May 2014 at 10:28 PM.
22nd May 2014, 10:46 PM   |  #2  
Just outside of Manchester UK
Thanks Meter: 152

524 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan3686

I've put a game file on the M8. i dont have the game in my region so i used an apk and obb. The obb folder is shown empty after i try to play the game and check it. Games' files disappear, although still consuming space in the internal memory. I have to reformat the internal memory every time to get back that space. The obb folder is shown empty after i try to play the game and check it. There is nothing in it although i had put the game folder in it. But the space is still consumed. Can anybody help regarding this?

MINE IS A STOCK m8 UNROOTED.

Obvious question.

What is the game?
22nd May 2014, 10:57 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag India
Thanks Meter: 96

922 posts
First with plants vs zombies..but then when it happened i tried more games..all seem to do it. They dont play and there is no obb data of the game in the obb folder after launching it.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
22nd May 2014, 11:04 PM   |  #4  
Flag Bath
Thanks Meter: 25

115 posts
More
i had the same problem i found using a different file explorer to move the files on the phone worked for me
22nd May 2014, 11:14 PM   |  #5  
Just outside of Manchester UK
Thanks Meter: 152

524 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by carloss2013

i had the same problem i found using a different file explorer to move the files on the phone worked for me

Sorry, I'm struggling here. I understood from @ethan3686 that maybe due to location (India) he had a problem installing this.

Your post of how to install the apk and obb shows this is about how to install the cracked version. In the UK you can download the game from the playstore with no problem unless you want the full version for free.

Thread reported
Last edited by grentuu; 22nd May 2014 at 11:18 PM.
22nd May 2014, 11:22 PM   |  #6  
Forum Moderator
Flag UK
Thanks Meter: 5,325

4,131 posts
Donate to Me
More
XDA's stance on warez is clear.

Thread Closed.
The Following User Says Thank You to Andy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread