Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,073 Members 45,543 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Why do obb game files get deleted in M8?

Tip us?

ethan3686
Old
(Last edited by ethan3686; 22nd May 2014 at 10:28 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 94
Default Why do obb game files get deleted in M8?

I've put a game file on the M8. i dont have the game in my region so i used an apk and obb. The obb folder is shown empty after i try to play the game and check it. Games' files disappear, although still consuming space in the internal memory. I have to reformat the internal memory every time to get back that space. The obb folder is shown empty after i try to play the game and check it. There is nothing in it although i had put the game folder in it. But the space is still consumed. Can anybody help regarding this?

MINE IS A STOCK m8 UNROOTED.

grentuu
Old
Thanks Meter 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan3686 View Post
I've put a game file on the M8. i dont have the game in my region so i used an apk and obb. The obb folder is shown empty after i try to play the game and check it. Games' files disappear, although still consuming space in the internal memory. I have to reformat the internal memory every time to get back that space. The obb folder is shown empty after i try to play the game and check it. There is nothing in it although i had put the game folder in it. But the space is still consumed. Can anybody help regarding this?

MINE IS A STOCK m8 UNROOTED.
Obvious question.

What is the game?

I UPGRADED TO A 5GHZ CABLE HUB FOR THIS???

IF I DON'T HELP YOU, IT'S NOT BECAUSE I DON'T GIVE A TOSS. I JUST DON'T KNOW THE ANSWER.
IF I DO, PLEASE HIT THE THANKS BUTTON.

ethan3686
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 94
First with plants vs zombies..but then when it happened i tried more games..all seem to do it. They dont play and there is no obb data of the game in the obb folder after launching it.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

carloss2013
Old
Thanks Meter 25
i had the same problem i found using a different file explorer to move the files on the phone worked for me

grentuu
Old
(Last edited by grentuu; 22nd May 2014 at 11:18 PM.)
Thanks Meter 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by carloss2013 View Post
i had the same problem i found using a different file explorer to move the files on the phone worked for me
Sorry, I'm struggling here. I understood from @ethan3686 that maybe due to location (India) he had a problem installing this.

Your post of how to install the apk and obb shows this is about how to install the cracked version. In the UK you can download the game from the playstore with no problem unless you want the full version for free.

Thread reported

I UPGRADED TO A 5GHZ CABLE HUB FOR THIS???

IF I DON'T HELP YOU, IT'S NOT BECAUSE I DON'T GIVE A TOSS. I JUST DON'T KNOW THE ANSWER.
IF I DO, PLEASE HIT THE THANKS BUTTON.

Andy
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 5,295

DONATE TO ME
XDA's stance on warez is clear.

Thread Closed.
-
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Tech support PMs will be ignored" - Andy
The Following User Says Thank You to Andy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe