Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,673 Members 41,111 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

VS980 Stuck on LG logo, no adb or fastboot

Tip us?
 
hiddenfive
Old
(Last edited by hiddenfive; 7th January 2014 at 03:46 AM.) Reason: update
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 63
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Chicago
Default VS980 Stuck on LG logo, no adb or fastboot

Hello, I have seem to soft-bricked my device. I was installing a ROM using TWRP (I forgot the version) and it was taking a very long time, then I stupidly shut-off my phone, and when I turned it on, it was stuck on the LG logo. I cannot boot into recovery using Power + Volume Up button, and I have no idea how to fix this!
Thank you.
EDIT: Got into recovery. The whole /system was wiped, I re-flashed CM10.2, now stuck in boot loop of the Cyanogen Mod boot logo,
 
colinexl
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiddenfive View Post
Hello, I have seem to soft-bricked my device. I was installing a ROM using TWRP (I forgot the version) and it was taking a very long time, then I stupidly shut-off my phone, and when I turned it on, it was stuck on the LG logo. I cannot boot into recovery using Power + Volume Up button, and I have no idea how to fix this!
Thank you.
EDIT: Got into recovery. The whole /system was wiped, I re-flashed CM10.2, now stuck in boot loop of the Cyanogen Mod boot logo,
It would appear that I did something very similar and is stuck at the logo boot loop. How were you able to get back into recovery?
 
hiddenfive
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 63
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinexl View Post
It would appear that I did something very similar and is stuck at the logo boot loop. How were you able to get back into recovery?
Do you have the LG bootlogo coming up, if so try this:
Turn off phone, then when off, hold down power and volume down button until it reaches the LG logo and then release and hold it down again, if that doesn't work, when just hold it down until you see a screen that says something like: Hard reset/ factory reset. For me it took me to my recovery screen, where I just flashed a older ROM onto it. I then later flashed a recovery file. I hope this helps, and if you need it any clearer, just reply
 
colinexl
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiddenfive View Post
Do you have the LG bootlogo coming up, if so try this:
Turn off phone, then when off, hold down power and volume down button until it reaches the LG logo and then release and hold it down again, if that doesn't work, when just hold it down until you see a screen that says something like: Hard reset/ factory reset. For me it took me to my recovery screen, where I just flashed a older ROM onto it. I then later flashed a recovery file. I hope this helps, and if you need it any clearer, just reply
Thanks for the reply! I was able to get into the factory reset but had to follow slightly different instructions. The way I've seen it on most wiki sites is that you hold Volume Down and Power button at the same time until the LG logo shows up, then release them and press them down again. This never worked for me.

What I had to do was hold Volume Down and Power button until the LG logo shows up, then release ONLY the Power button while still holding the Volume Down button, then press the Power button again. This method got me into the factory reset consistently and was able to get back into recovery.

Best,
Colin
 
shaggy9585
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiddenfive View Post
Hello, I have seem to soft-bricked my device. I was installing a ROM using TWRP (I forgot the version) and it was taking a very long time, then I stupidly shut-off my phone, and when I turned it on, it was stuck on the LG logo. I cannot boot into recovery using Power + Volume Up button, and I have no idea how to fix this!
Thank you.
EDIT: Got into recovery. The whole /system was wiped, I re-flashed CM10.2, now stuck in boot loop of the Cyanogen Mod boot logo,
any luck finding a solution? I'm having the same problem.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes