Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,029 Members 42,947 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help Problem E:format_volume: make_extf4fs failed on /dev/block/mcblk1p2

Tip us?
 
kureno21
Old
#11  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterAwesome View Post
You've got to install the drivers and sdk

Sent from my Moto G
I've tried typing adb shell and then type in e2fsck. I then type in what you suggest above, but to no avail. I quote below what I can from the Android SDK.
"e2fsck / dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/sdcard
e2fsck 1:41:11 <14-mar-2010>
e2fsck: No such file or directory while trying to open / dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/sdcard
The superblock could not be read or does not describe a correct ext2 filesystem. If the device is valid and it really an ext2 filesystem contain a <and not swap or ufs or someting else>, then the superblock is corrupt, and you might try running e2fsck with an alternate superblock: e2fsck-b 8193 <device> "
what should I do?
 
MasterAwesome
Old
#12  
MasterAwesome's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 684
Posts: 1,067
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by kureno21 View Post
I've tried typing adb shell and then type in e2fsck. I then type in what you suggest above, but to no avail. I quote below what I can from the Android SDK.
"e2fsck / dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/sdcard
e2fsck 1:41:11 <14-mar-2010>
e2fsck: No such file or directory while trying to open / dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/sdcard
The superblock could not be read or does not describe a correct ext2 filesystem. If the device is valid and it really an ext2 filesystem contain a <and not swap or ufs or someting else>, then the superblock is corrupt, and you might try running e2fsck with an alternate superblock: e2fsck-b 8193 <device> "
what should I do?
Not that exact path. Sorry about that.

It's e2fsck /dev/block/mmcblk1p2 here we are repairing the partition which doesn't work.. Sorry I wasn't in my right mind that day :/

Sent from my Moto G
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”― Oscar Wilde
 
kureno21
Old
#13  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterAwesome View Post
Not that exact path. Sorry about that.

It's e2fsck /dev/block/mmcblk1p2 here we are repairing the partition which doesn't work.. Sorry I wasn't in my right mind that day :/

Sent from my Moto G
it looks like it still does not work
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image 1.png
Views:	13
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	2757510  
 
MasterAwesome
Old
#14  
MasterAwesome's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 684
Posts: 1,067
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by kureno21 View Post
it looks like it still does not work
Looks like partition got deleted :/

Go to /dev/block and type ls in adb and tell me the output

Sent from my Moto G
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”― Oscar Wilde
 
kureno21
Old
#15  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterAwesome View Post
Looks like partition got deleted :/

Go to /dev/block and type ls in adb and tell me the output

Sent from my Moto G
I was already in the directory / dev / block. what next?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image 2.png
Views:	11
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	2758143   Click image for larger version

Name:	image 3.png
Views:	11
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	2758144  
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Slide Dial Replacement Dialer Lets You Make Calls from Anywhere

If you frequently make phone calls, your dialer (aka phone app)is one of the … more

Navigate with Your Samsung Gear 2 Using DMA Navi Watch

Whether you’re travelling to a new destination or exploring some previously … more

Xperia Z1 Stereo Speaker Mod, Cell Phone Unlocking Legal Again! – XDA Developer TV

Cell Phone Unlocking is legal again!! That and much … more