Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,607 Members 53,147 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bring back the menu button!

Tip us?

brettdacosta
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by em0ney14 View Post
Only issue on VERIZON is there is no root access yet. Unless you have the DEV edition.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
Rats - I really thought it was out, but it looks like you're right. Guess I didn't feel there would be much variation between carrier's, but apparently there is. Thanks for the heads up.

em0ney14
Old
Thanks Meter 162
No problem, just take a look at their forum real quick. you will see why there are a few people like myself that have jumped over from Verizon to t mobile. .. check out their bounty thread. Wow

gilbnx
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by raw2000j View Post
No same as menu button nothing out of whack been using it like 5 days so far so good but always make a backup to be sure

Well, the issue with that is that I've lost the ability to see recent apps. So - the menu works as it used to be in SGS4 which is good but now - how can you get the recent apps?
Gil B.
T-Mo Samsung Galaxy S 5

Ex. T-mo SGS-4, T-mo SGSIII,SGS II, Samsung Captivate GB, Tilt-2...

raw2000j
Old
Thanks Meter 151
[QUOTE=gilbnx;52838758]Well, the issue with that is that I've lost the ability to see recent apps. So - the menu works as it used to be in SGS4 which is good but now - how can you get the recent freeze sfinder on tiranium backup download launcher like apex,nova or something go to preferences and assign menu long press or whateva u like and choose recents and ther u go.Reason freeze sfinder is if u long press without freezing it will pop up when u long press so freeze it.

gilbnx
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by raw2000j View Post
freeze sfinder on tiranium backup download launcher like apex,nova or something go to preferences and assign menu long press or whateva u like and choose recents and ther u go.Reason freeze sfinder is if u long press without freezing it will pop up when u long press so freeze it.

Thanks raw2000j. Yup, that will work but I wish there was a simpler way to just swap "recent apps" with "menu" without sacrifice other apps ("Sfinder") or other functions. I'll wait for a possible future mod and I appreciate your help.
Gil B.
T-Mo Samsung Galaxy S 5

Ex. T-mo SGS-4, T-mo SGSIII,SGS II, Samsung Captivate GB, Tilt-2...

raw2000j
Old
Thanks Meter 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilbnx View Post
Thanks raw2000j. Yup, that will work but I wish there was a simpler way to just swap "recent apps" with "menu" without sacrifice other apps ("Sfinder") or other functions. I'll wait for a possible future mod and I appreciate your help.
Np glad I helped u good luck