Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,479 Members 49,167 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] GPS is broken. Need help / advice

Tip us?

jcnbama
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 153
Question [Q] GPS is broken. Need help / advice

So, I've never had this type of situation happen before. I flashed Cloudy Stock version 2.1 Rom. It worked great. Then I tried navigation. Noticed there was no GPS. I downloaded a couple different apps / tools. It looks like the GPS function is working just not getting a fix. Then I flashed Cyanogenmod 11 thinking maybe it was a bug. Butttt.... It wasn't. Can anyone think of a setting, bug, or otherwise that would cause this to happen? I think I've done all the obvious stuff location settings etc...? I've never seen a situation where it just didn't work. It was working on stock and also other roms.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-21-21-08-05.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	142.3 KB
ID:	2756577  

bkolev
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Same here. After i updated to kitkat 4.4.2 (first 20A, now 20D) gps stopped working. Cannot connect to any gps sattelites, only it sees them, but cannot connect. Help

jcnbama
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 153
So, you're not going to believe this.. I reflashed Cyanogenmod 11 and still had some gps issues. But it was spotty at the least it was still there. I put the cloudy stock back on the phone and had no GPS or rotation at all ( I am pretty sure that has something to do with the radio I flashed for AOSP for the rotation fix. Not such a big deal since I honestly like AOSP.)

Flashed back to Cyanogenmod.... So get this... I took off this nifty new aluminum bumper I recently purchased see >>>>http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00HAJ76F6

So I've attached a couple screen shots of the differences with and without the bumper... WOW... Didn't see that coming. So, problem solved for now. I will hopefully be able to return the case. The issue with the stock lack of gps is probably due to the radio. I will deal with that later. I just need to find the right stock radio for the D801 to fix the rotation and the gps. Thanks for listening guys! Good times...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-22-17-17-46.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	191.3 KB
ID:	2758158   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-22-17-38-32.png
Views:	77
Size:	242.0 KB
ID:	2758159  
The Following User Says Thank You to jcnbama For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]