Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,609 Members 42,388 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

So what would you do?

Tip us?

Veno8mm
Old
(Last edited by Veno8mm; 24th May 2014 at 12:43 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default So what would you do?

Well i never rooted but i want more. I want to customize the vol up/ vol down buttons on the back so a long press will work to control tracks. Also I want better themes and the ability to tether via bluetooth. I bought the Sprint LG flex on release day... Got pissed and threw and kicked the phone in a fit of rage. Well insurance claim later. I have my new Flex.

I turned it on and put it in airplane mode. It shipped with JB . My question is this. I have 10 days to return my old phone to assurion . Surprisingly beside the screen being cracked to hell n back. The KK flex still works. Can I try my first root on the one slated for return? Can I root it and return it back to stock? I dont want assurion denying my claim? What to do?

Ill post up some pics when i get time.

Sent from my MZ601 using xda app-developers app

PattyNYC
Old
(Last edited by PattyNYC; 22nd May 2014 at 12:43 PM.)
Thanks Meter 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veno8mm View Post
Well i never rooted but i want more. I want to customize the vol up/ vol down buttons on the back so a long press will work to control tracks. Also I want better themes and the ability to tether via bluetooth. I bought the Sprint LG flex on release day... Got pissed and threw and kicked the phone in a fit of rage. Well insurance claim later. I have my new Flex.

I turned it on and put it in airplane mode. It shipped with JB . My question is this. I have 10 days to return my old phone to assurion . Surprisingly beside the screen being cracked to hell n back. The KK flex still works. Can I try my first root on the one slated for return? Can I root it and return it back to stock? I dont want assurion denying my claim? What to do?

Ill post up some pics when i get time.

Sent from my MZ601 using xda app-developers app
First I would go and see a psychiatrist j/k. As long as the phone can boot properly then rooting/unrooting won't be a problem. Use this to root if you're on KK http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=869If you paid the deductible then they(Asurion) really shouldn't care either way though. You can probably use the SU app to to unroot itself(easiest method). The safest way would be to return to stock http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2644083
The Following User Says Thank You to PattyNYC For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Veno8mm
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Has anyone remapped the physical buttons on the g2 or flex?

Sent from my MZ601 using XDA Free mobile app