FORUMS

Dr.Ketan Brings The S6 Theme Store To The Note 4

Dr.Ketan has submitted a video to the forums showing a functional port of the Galaxy S6 … more

Do You Have Insurance on Your Smartphone?

While affordable smartphones are becoming more available, the majority of high-end flagships … more

Apple Music Will Increase iTunes Match to 100,000 Songs

The battle for music streaming subscription dominance is starting to really heat … more

Xposed Framework Updated to v65

Xposed Framework is an extremely popular modification platform for Android, so much so that we included … more

Task killers needed?

856 posts
Thanks Meter: 17
 
By thrgk, Senior Member on 22nd May 2014, 06:01 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I am wondering if a task killer is needed for my s4. Current try I only use greenify but u feel like with myself ope I got so many different apps it would be beneficial to.kill the ones I'm not currently try using to give more battery and speed. Does android do this by itself and therefore I do not need one or? I did try advanced task killer but when I kill the apps the come right back. Since then I have restored and did not install ATK.

Let me know your opinions
Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
 
 
22nd May 2014, 05:21 PM |#2  
Triscuit's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Portland, ME
Thanks Meter: 517
 
More
That's up to you. Android is pretty good at dumping old apps to free up ram. What a lot of people over look is that the android system keeps apps in memory to make them load quicker when you open them again. The only thing I really do is just clear my apps from the recent screen every once in a while.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Free mobile app
22nd May 2014, 05:30 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 351
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrgk

I am wondering if a task killer is needed for my s4. Current try I only use greenify but u feel like with myself ope I got so many different apps it would be beneficial to.kill the ones I'm not currently try using to give more battery and speed. Does android do this by itself and therefore I do not need one or? I did try advanced task killer but when I kill the apps the come right back. Since then I have restored and did not install ATK.

Let me know your opinions
Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

No.
22nd May 2014, 11:10 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
More
Is there one you recommend? Other then holding home button down and swiping away the ones I'm done with ?


Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
23rd May 2014, 01:05 AM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 330
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrgk

Is there one you recommend? Other then holding home button down and swiping away the ones I'm done with ?


Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Let Android manage things, it's a lot smarter about it than we are.

The only caveat I have in this area is an app called Greenify. I'm using it to make it easier to stop a few apps from running in the background when I'm not using them - in particular an app called "Viki" (provides access to TV/movies from Asia) that is endlessly active in the background for no good reason and keeps my phone from getting into deep sleep. So I tell the Greenify app to hibernate it when I'm not using it, and deep sleep is back and battery life is good again.

But I agree strongly that using "active" task managers that try to manage your apps for you are not necessary, and can be detrimental on Android.
23rd May 2014, 01:31 AM |#6  
joshm.1219's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 1,710
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redflea

Let Android manage things, it's a lot smarter about it than we are.

The only caveat I have in this area is an app called Greenify. I'm using it to make it easier to stop a few apps from running in the background when I'm not using them - in particular an app called "Viki" (provides access to TV/movies from Asia) that is endlessly active in the background for no good reason and keeps my phone from getting into deep sleep. So I tell the Greenify app to hibernate it when I'm not using it, and deep sleep is back and battery life is good again.

But I agree strongly that using "active" task managers that try to manage your apps for you are not necessary, and can be detrimental on Android.

As he stated in the OP, he already users greenify.

I agree, task killers are stupid. The only other thing I would recommend besides that is android firewall and an automation app like tasker

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes