Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,416 Members 39,004 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Any "Stable" 4.4.2 ROMs for Note 8 yet?

Tip us?

mstrswrd06
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Question [Q] Any "Stable" 4.4.2 ROMs for Note 8 yet?

Just settled down on a ROM and setup for my S3 and now I'm moving on to my Note 8. Rooted and got Philz's Touch Recovery 6 on it.

I'm looking for a good stable 4.4.2 ROM for it. I know not all of the available ones show up here on XDA so I'm shouting out for suggestions. All I can find so far are weekly/nightly releases and I'd rather start off with one deemed "stable" if it can be helped.

I have tried out the last SlimKat weekly, and I'm messing around with CyanogenMod 11 too. I'd rather not stick with CM but I think I might've just had a bad experience with it from the S3 (Iffy camera functionality and a few other things that brought me to another ROM).

Has anyone tried any 4.4.2 ROMs, or know of any good/up-and-coming 4.4.2 ROMs for the Note 8.0 that are worth it? I have the n5110.

edwardbeer
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstrswrd06 View Post
Just settled down on a ROM and setup for my S3 and now I'm moving on to my Note 8. Rooted and got Philz's Touch Recovery 6 on it.

I'm looking for a good stable 4.4.2 ROM for it. I know not all of the available ones show up here on XDA so I'm shouting out for suggestions. All I can find so far are weekly/nightly releases and I'd rather start off with one deemed "stable" if it can be helped.

I have tried out the last SlimKat weekly, and I'm messing around with CyanogenMod 11 too. I'd rather not stick with CM but I think I might've just had a bad experience with it from the S3 (Iffy camera functionality and a few other things that brought me to another ROM).

Has anyone tried any 4.4.2 ROMs, or know of any good/up-and-coming 4.4.2 ROMs for the Note 8.0 that are worth it? I have the n5110.
You can have a look to Civato's ROM. It's based on Samsung Stock Rom, then should be pretty stable.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2759863
The Following User Says Thank You to edwardbeer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AMoosa
Old
Thanks Meter 187
The stock one is excellent.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 8.0
United Kingdom
Three UK

Previously owned - HTC One M8, Galaxy S4, Sony Xperia Z, Nexus 7, Galaxy S3 Pebble Blue and White, Asus Transformer Prime, Galaxy Note, Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy Tab 10.1, HTC Desire S, Galaxy S2, Galaxy S, Motorola XPRT, Motorola Xoom, HTC Desire Z, HTC Desire, Motorola Milestone, Nexus One, HTC Hero, HTC Touch Pro 2, HTC Athena, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Universal (that's all I can think of for now...)

mstrswrd06
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardbeer View Post
You can have a look to Civato's ROM. It's based on Samsung Stock Rom, then should be pretty stable.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2759863
Thanks! I'll look into that one. I am a little weary of Knox, and I'm not a fan of Samsung's email client with corporate accounts but this looks promising.