Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Any "Stable" 4.4.2 ROMs for Note 8 yet?

OP mstrswrd06

22nd May 2014, 04:11 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 11

27 posts
More
Just settled down on a ROM and setup for my S3 and now I'm moving on to my Note 8. Rooted and got Philz's Touch Recovery 6 on it.

I'm looking for a good stable 4.4.2 ROM for it. I know not all of the available ones show up here on XDA so I'm shouting out for suggestions. All I can find so far are weekly/nightly releases and I'd rather start off with one deemed "stable" if it can be helped.

I have tried out the last SlimKat weekly, and I'm messing around with CyanogenMod 11 too. I'd rather not stick with CM but I think I might've just had a bad experience with it from the S3 (Iffy camera functionality and a few other things that brought me to another ROM).

Has anyone tried any 4.4.2 ROMs, or know of any good/up-and-coming 4.4.2 ROMs for the Note 8.0 that are worth it? I have the n5110.
22nd May 2014, 07:11 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstrswrd06

Just settled down on a ROM and setup for my S3 and now I'm moving on to my Note 8. Rooted and got Philz's Touch Recovery 6 on it.

I'm looking for a good stable 4.4.2 ROM for it. I know not all of the available ones show up here on XDA so I'm shouting out for suggestions. All I can find so far are weekly/nightly releases and I'd rather start off with one deemed "stable" if it can be helped.

I have tried out the last SlimKat weekly, and I'm messing around with CyanogenMod 11 too. I'd rather not stick with CM but I think I might've just had a bad experience with it from the S3 (Iffy camera functionality and a few other things that brought me to another ROM).

Has anyone tried any 4.4.2 ROMs, or know of any good/up-and-coming 4.4.2 ROMs for the Note 8.0 that are worth it? I have the n5110.

You can have a look to Civato's ROM. It's based on Samsung Stock Rom, then should be pretty stable.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2759863
The Following User Says Thank You to edwardbeer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd May 2014, 12:42 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 206

1,518 posts
More
The stock one is excellent.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
23rd May 2014, 02:53 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 11

27 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardbeer

You can have a look to Civato's ROM. It's based on Samsung Stock Rom, then should be pretty stable.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2759863

Thanks! I'll look into that one. I am a little weary of Knox, and I'm not a fan of Samsung's email client with corporate accounts but this looks promising.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread